Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Car washing

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-02, 02:22 AM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by gs4to4
Fredric,

Americans are crazy about cars. More so, than in any other country in the world. I really dont understand why it doesn't exist here. Bring some over and you'll be richer than Bill Gates
The Mr Cap formula is secret But there is other companies that offers similar service for less. But I don't know if their protection last that good. I will ask a friend who is starting up such a service in his Garage. But I would be amazed if this doesn't already exist in the States. But I would be more Amazed if it did and CL members didn't know about it.
/Fredric
Old 10-18-02, 01:43 PM
gs4to4
Lead Lap

There isn't a product in the U.S, that will leave a protective coating on the car for a year. Mothers, Meguirs, and Zymol all claim to last for a long time, but in my experience most of the protection comes off after 2-3 car washes or rain storms.
Also, if you constantly park your car outside in the hot sun, the wax will eventually evaporate. <--This can happen after 1 week if there's hot sun and the car is a dark color.
Old 07-14-05, 11:30 PM
STR8-UP-G
Driver

I have to admit that i spend too much time on my cars. There is not one day that goes by that im not cleaning a car. It is like an addiction. Once i come home from work, i change into my shorts and t shirt and pick a car to clean. My neighbors and family think i'm nuts. I REAL:LY enjoy cleaning my cars. It is like a natural high. I have this other habit of driving a kragens and buy some cleaning supplies. I have so many different waxes, it is not even funny. I have at least 20 foam applicators, trash bag full of terry towels and 8 or 9 wash mits, etc.... I dont know why i keep buying this stuff, but i can't help it. Everytime i read about a new product on CL or autopia, i end up buying it. I am totally serious. Does anyone think I have a problem?
Old 07-16-05, 06:51 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Might want to consider a custom fit car cover of good quality. Mine has cut down my washing and waxing time considerably.