Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
View Poll Results: Who, what, where, how?
I wash my Lexus at home/someone else's home
66.96%
My Significant Other/Kids wash my Lexus at home
0.29%
A Pro washes my Lexus at home
2.50%
I drop my Lexus off at a Detail Shop
3.08%
A Detail Shop picks up/delivers my Lexus
0.59%
I use a Self-Service Jet Spray/Wand Wash
8.22%
I use a Self-Service In-Bay Automatic Wash
2.50%
I use an Exterior-Only Conveyor - Automatic Wash
2.50%
I use a Full-Service Conveyor - Automatic Wash
5.58%
I use a Full-Service Conveyor - Hand Wash
5.87%
Other (Comments Welcome Below)
1.91%
Voters: 681. You may not vote on this poll

Where Do You Wash Your Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-03, 04:12 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my driveway.. Once a Week.. with the use of my friends righty and lefty.

-Anthony
Old 06-19-03, 08:20 PM
Wishbone
Driver School Candidate

Washing my own car comes with pride. I feel accomplished and know that the work was done with care Nothing can beat a simple hand wash for a Lexus....well...maybe a detailer's job! lol...
Old 06-20-03, 09:40 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I go to the jet spray near my house and use the high pressure hose. But I dont use the nasty brush. I bring along a hand mit and wash it with that. Then I dry it off with some nice cotton cloths and drive home to finish with the quick detailer or wax or whatever.
Old 07-19-03, 10:20 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

When the weather is not that great I go to my local gas station and let the Japanese ladies wash my car they do it by hand using the hand mits and clean the inside. Not bad for $18 and if they miss something I point it out and they will take care of it for me. I normally dont say anything they know what i expect from them. If I only want the ouside clean they do it for $10.

Then I go somewhere like the park and wax it.

NOTE: Most gas stations here hire cute ladies to work there so all the Japanese guys go to that gas station. They have guys too but they do the tire changes and all the dirty work.
Old 09-07-03, 05:28 AM
pkchin
Driver

Originally posted by mooretorque
I'm a 2 bucket, do it at home with Zaino guy. genearch's deal sounds pretty good, tho!!
Same here.

Wash every 2-3 weeks (weather permitting). Zaino every 2-3 months. Clay once a year.
Old 09-07-03, 10:31 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

I just bring mine to the dealer. they hand car wash it and i'll just dry it off if there is any water left( which usually there is) Anyway, it's free! I do the waxing at home.
Old 09-14-03, 03:59 AM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Cool

"My Significant Other/Kids wash my Lexus at home 0 0% "

That says everyone like it done the "correct" way.
Old 10-09-03, 03:32 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess only us Guam guys get the free wash weekly at the dealer!

They do a pretty good job, it's a brushless car wash... Just drive it in, the guy presses the button and all that water goes down.. Then he washes by hand with one of those mit things.. Then water comes down.. Then he goes for the wheels.. Then water comes down.. They say there's some kinda wax in there too, not sure. At this point I'm in the waiting room watching TV or using the internet.. Then when the guy is done, he drives it up to the door and voila I drive off. He doesn't even have to dry it, it's spotless dry! wheeeeeeee gotta love free stuff.
Old 10-20-03, 10:53 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the "Touchless Laser Wash" at the Chevron station down the street then I hand dry and wax every 2 weeks. I know it seems a little over board but I have a 94 Mitsubishi that still shines like it has a layers of clear coat. Since the cars garaged, I try to wipe off the excess dust every now and then.

Last edited by TwentyTen; 12-05-03 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-27-03, 08:04 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wash my car mostly at my own home in the driveway using soap and water and the two bucket method or I use Quick and Easy Wash in the garage if the weather doesn't cooperate (read: rain or winter weather). I sometimes (although rarely) will use a self serve pressure wash bay and hose off the car, fill a bucket with soap and water and hand wash it in the bay then dry using a waffle weave microfiber towel.(I keep a wash bucket, sheepskin mit, QD spray, MF towels, and wash soap in the back of my RX300)

Products used:

Wash - Meguiars Gold Class Car Shampoo
Wash mit - sheepskin wash mit
2 buckets, one clean rinse water, one car wash soap
Tire cleaner - 303 Aerospace cleaner
Tire dressing - Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Gel
Wheel Cleaner - car wash soap using microfiber towel
Clay - Claymagic or Autopia
Qick Detail Spray - Meguiars Final Inspection, Meguiars Final Detail
Wax/Sealant - Klasse All In One followed by Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (3-5 coats) followed by Poorboys EX Sealant
MF Towels - Pakshak MF towels, DFTowel and Autopia Concourse Buffing Towel for final buffing

Polishing steps and products left out.

Jeremy

BTW - I NEVER EVER use an automatic car wash unless I absolutely have to and ONLY if it's a touchless laser wash with nothing but the basic wash to get the majority of the gunk off the car (usually only in the winter months)

Last edited by jeremyp111; 10-27-03 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-04-03, 09:09 PM
XaLtezZaX
Driver

My parents own like a dealership not like them big fancy one that hauls like millions lol but yea i take my car there and clean it! My car is a 2001 Black IS soo hard to keep it clean and shiny
I clean my car every week but yet im not bored of it good to let my Baby LeXy look good!
Old 01-09-04, 04:21 PM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Were supposed to wash them?

Does the rain count? J/K
Old 01-10-04, 02:35 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I used to wash mine at home... until water restrictions were brought out here in NSW (Australia) because of a water shortage

Now I only get to clean it when it rains jks, I get it washed and detailed at a detailer that I know.
Old 01-10-04, 05:52 PM
camtrek
Driver

During the summer nothing beats taking it outside, washing it, waxing it all over.

During the winter, I wash it about once a week, what pisses me off is the thickness off all the dirt and sand and crap doesn't come off. It looks like it has come off but if you bring your hand across it your hand gets all dirty.

On occasion I'll take it to the touchless wash, and it does a **** poor job also.

I am thinking about taking it to one of the local detailers to get it all cleaned. I would be staying and watching. Why don't most people trust detailers?
Old 02-03-04, 12:52 PM
lukey33
Driver School Candidate

whatever you do, DONT USE THE BRUSHES

I pulled into the quarter wash in my town and after I was done, I watched a woman wash her 2003-4 Lexus ES300 with the brush that I ONLY use to clean my whells and tires with...

Quick Reply: Where Do You Wash Your Lexus