Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Anyone used Leatherique?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-12, 11:41 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a word of caution, the Leatherique twins are liquid based. The seat heaters use electricity to warm up so be wary of shorting the system or ruining your heaters if they get turned on and some liquid gets into there. However, I'm not too sure of how well protected the seat heaters are protected from moisture so my warning could be for nothing. Just food for thought since its probably better to cover all the bases just in case
Old 02-28-12, 06:30 AM
KcMoGS430
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know in the BMW community Leatherique is HIGHLY recommended! I've seen the results on there and it seems to be the "bee's knees."
Old 02-28-12, 09:49 AM
sallydrive
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eyezack87
As a word of caution, the Leatherique twins are liquid based. The seat heaters use electricity to warm up so be wary of shorting the system or ruining your heaters if they get turned on and some liquid gets into there. However, I'm not too sure of how well protected the seat heaters are protected from moisture so my warning could be for nothing. Just food for thought since its probably better to cover all the bases just in case
Oh yea, how could I overlook that? I guess i'll heat the seats up first so the leathers pores open up, then apply leatherique and not turn them on during the application process then. Thanks man!
Old 03-01-12, 09:09 AM
TheDream
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eyezack87
I'm referring to these style halogen lamps. Should answer all your questions with this picture

Love that setup...I have a feeling though that it would use way too much electricity since you'd need to have it on for a couple of hours. I normally do it over 2 days in the summer on a day with no clouds, going back to the car every couple of hours to reapply the "oil" after the seats soak it up.

This is from the LS400 a couple of years ago after doing it for the first time.

This just goes to show how effective it is at removing dirt/grease from the grain of the leather.