Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

RestorFX to make your car look brand new (New way of car detailing)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-12, 12:54 PM
ninja6o4
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just did a complete detail on my car myself, took about 4 hours. This was to wash, clay, rewash, polish, glaze/sealant, and wax. Rain-X'd all my windows, too. It's not too hard and it's actually kinda nice to do on a nice day (not hot..) Used an orbital to apply the polish and glaze, removed it by hand, and wax on/off was karate kid style All by hand..

TBH I don't trust companies to detail my car, they're pretty much on volume and just pound through cars, and I don't think they'd take time to inspect each panel and do that last 5% that matters.

However, I do have a card that a friend gave me that he used, he was very happy with their work. If I can find that card I'll pm the details to you (he was in Langley though, if that makes it a long trek for you.)
Old 04-01-12, 11:12 PM
TCKeyz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ninja6o4 thanks, I really appreciate your offer but just last week I got my car fully detailed on the exterior by a professional detailer located in Maple Ridge. He did an excellent job and my car was in the shop for 4 days, his attention to details is just crazy. He does online write ups and he goes by the user name 911fanatic (Ken), I highly recommend bring your cars to him!

Here is one of his many write ups, I highly recommend all of you to go check it out
http://www.revscene.net/forums/57706...he-finale.html
Old 04-02-12, 07:46 AM
ninja6o4
Pole Position

That is amazing quality work! It's good to know that if I need a serious restoration, there is someone local that can definitely do the work.
Old 04-02-12, 10:28 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TCKeyz
@ninja6o4 thanks, I really appreciate your offer but just last week I got my car fully detailed on the exterior by a professional detailer located in Maple Ridge. He did an excellent job and my car was in the shop for 4 days, his attention to details is just crazy. He does online write ups and he goes by the user name 911fanatic (Ken), I highly recommend bring your cars to him!

Here is one of his many write ups, I highly recommend all of you to go check it out
I KNEW I FORGOT SOMEONE! You definitely found the right person! His work is insane haha
Old 04-02-12, 11:11 AM
TCKeyz
Pole Position

Haha there is no worries, funny thing is his shop is only a few minutes away from where I live
Old 08-21-12, 08:08 PM
str8hust1a
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TCKeyz

What would you guys estimate the $$ was to do all that to the porsche? I have a 06 is350 that needs detailing like that..
Old 08-21-12, 11:20 PM
TCKeyz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by str8hust1a
What would you guys estimate the $$ was to do all that to the porsche? I have a 06 is350 that needs detailing like that..
He has prices and packages on his website, ranging from 1 stage polish detail to a full car detail including the suspensions.

Talk to the guy (Ken) and he will give you the best recommendation on which package to get. He's a very honest guy.

http://www.autowerkesexclusive.com