Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Help with replacing leather or damaged seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-12, 10:05 AM
bobinsofla
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with replacing leather or damaged seat

All,

I have a 2007 GX470 (tan leather) with permanent stains on the passenger leather seat from sun block. I have looked into having the stained areas replaced, but would like to do so with as close to orginal leather as possible.

I saw Guitarman's original post in the All About Leather Thread, and have a call in to GST about obtaining leather.

The question I want to throw out there is, has anyone had leather replaced and if so were you able to get the orginal type/style of the OEM skin?

Also, does anyone have or know where to find the seat parts diagram? I have seen it once at the parts department and it lists the various leather panels that can be ordered. Of course, Lexus wants a small fortune for the leather sections!!

Thanks for any help or guidance,
Bob

Bob (in South Florida)

'07 GX470 White/Tan
Old 02-29-12, 03:23 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Closed since Jim answered you in the main Leather thread. PM me if you or anyone else wants this open

Originally Posted by jfelbab
I'd suggest you find a leather refinisher. This will be less costly and the result should be like new. A good refinisher will match the color and texture of your OEM leather. The finish will have the same patina and durability too.