Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

I see the light...but need more help! (Glaze & Wax)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-02, 09:16 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I see the light.....I see the light......but need more help!

Wow, I am sure glad that I finally step into this Automotive Care and Detailing forum.

I have been using this SuperGlaze from the WAXSHOP for a long long time, but didn't realize that there is a difference between a Glaze and a Wax. However, over the years, this SuperGlaze sure feels smooth after I apply it to the paint.

The whole reason that made me start to wonder is because I just used some Maguire #7 on my car over the weekend (which is also called Glaze). Maguire #7 has a totally different feel after applying it to the paint. The surface doesn't feel smooth like the SuperGlaze i was using. The surface has that squeeky feeling when running my fingers over it. It feels that I need to coat it with something else. Now I know why.....

My question to all you auto detailing guru is;
What do you guys consider that SuperGlaze from the WAXSHOP is, a "Glaze" or a "Wax"? Has anyone tried them before. It definitely feels different than the Maguire's #7 Glaze product.

Thanks

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 10-29-02 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-29-02, 10:48 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Wax Shop Super Glaze is a liquid wax. A pure carnauba wax, meaning the only wax in the liquid is carnauba.

Their ad says: The Original Liquid Wax! The Wax Shop's Super Glaze is made from pure carnauba wax to provide your vehicle with the ultimate in shine protection! This easy on, easy off formula leaves no powdery residue and helps feed oils into the paint to help restore shine. This non-abrasive wax is safe for all finishes, and perfect for clear coats! For the Racer's #1 Choice, choose The Wax Shop! By Turtle Wax.

Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze is a pure polish. It has no abrasives. It is oils and fillers. Think of it as make-up for your car. It helps conceal microscratches and other blemishes. It provides little protection and will evaporate or wash away unless sealed by a protectant, such as wax.

Their ad says: Legendary on the show car circuit. For those of you who love a hand-rubbed finish, this superb glaze is guaranteed to give you that deep, wet shine prized among car collectors. This polish will outshine all other hand-applied polishes, glazes, waxes or sealants. It won't dry white, and it's safe and effective on all paint finishes. Made For Professionals

Marketing departments can make our lives difficult sometimes.

So apply #7 again and then wax with The Wax Shop Super Glaze or any pure carnauba wax. You'll be glad you did.

Wax at least monthly and glaze at least every three months.

Good luck.
Old 10-30-02, 06:16 AM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Daddy-O!