Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Zymol vs Zaino vs Mequiars

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-12, 04:15 PM
DixieLex
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Zymol vs Zaino vs Mequiars

http://www.ffcars.com/magazine/waxtest.html
Old 03-19-13, 02:07 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DixieLex
great test article, you really can't beat the Walmart prices for Zymol!
Old 03-19-13, 05:27 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, good article. Thanks for sharing.

FWIW, I'd offer for others reading this thread and perhaps wanting to replicate something suggested in the article, it was written several years ago and is a bit dated. There are of course a lot of other products available today including some of the more recent coatings that are coming onto the market. Concepts and results I suspect are still similar if one used only the products in that article, just some of the specifics are no longer current, e.g.
  • Zaino has not offered Z1 for years and upgraded it's formula to Z2 Pro a number of years back as well. For Zaino folks, there are multiple ways to replace the old Z1 "one-time-only" product making initial application simpler, and these days, you can really speed up the drying process using the optional ZFS additive if you want to.
  • While it has no reflection on the product results suggested in the article, I've also read threads where it has been more than speculated the mass-marketed Zymol products (not their higher-end waxes and associated products) are actually made by Turtle Wax. I'm not saying that's good or bad, just a point of reference for those that may be interested.
Old 03-19-13, 05:53 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I wonder if the test had been different if the same process was used on each section, ie. clay, clean, polish and then wax and if the waxes had all been natural or all had been synthetics?

Any idea when the test was performed? Copyright says 2010. Have any of the products changed since then?

Last edited by DunWkg; 03-19-13 at 05:55 AM. Reason: oops, late to the dance....Bert pretty much answered