Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How to Remove Grease Marks from Interior Plastic?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-12, 10:54 PM
TCKeyz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Remove Grease Marks from Interior Plastic?

I have a 2007 GS450H with black interior. I always try to keep it clean and I clean the interior with Chemical Guys InnerClean with a microfiber towel. Awesome product and protects the interior, but it does not remove grease marks from the plastic buttons on the steering wheel, center consol, and turn signals. They aren't serious, just normal oil transferred from my hands after a period of time, These spots looks shinny and feels really smooth, but I would like to get the matte finish back. Also on the door, just right below the windows which have kind of a plastic feel but are not even (not sure what the material is called) also have tiny bit of grease marks from opening the door.

So my question is what products do you guys use to remove grease marks safely that leaves a matte looking/feel finish?
I have some Lysol Disinfecting Wipes, do you guys think this will work?

Thanks!
Old 06-08-12, 01:16 AM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

iso alcohol, perhaps
Old 06-08-12, 04:03 AM
TOGWT
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A disinfectant will not remove grease oil, IPA will remove the plastizers from vinyl, dry it out, which may lead to surface cracks

Use a safe degreaser like Wurth Citrus Degreaser - a multi-purpose, citrus base, concentrated degreaser that emulsifies grease and oil without harsh acids or alkalis. The unique, 100% biodegradable formula out performs hazardous solvent degreasers