Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

questions about zaino products

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-12, 12:01 PM
kur1j
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default questions about zaino products

For the past 3 years or so I have been using the ZKIT-1 http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...roduct_Count=0

Whenever I run out of the Z-7 and Z-6 I just got the Zaino Maintenance Pack

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...roduct_Count=3

I am running out of the Z-2 and the Z-6 and ZFX and was going to get some more but since the last time I ordered it looks like Zaino has added some new products.

I was just wanting to find out if it would be worth getting any of their other products.or where they fall in line with the Z-2 vs the Z-5

Z-AIO All-in-one
Z-CS Clear Seal
Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal
Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover

If it matters, my car is my daily driver so im not maintaining it as a show car.
Old 06-23-12, 06:12 PM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You'll get deeper gloss with Z2/Z5 opposed to ZAIO depending on the color of your vehicle, especially darker colors and with multiple layers. I use ZPC with Z2/5 to speed drying time and allow me put up to 3 layers down in one 24-hour period. I only use ZAIO on friends and family vehicles -- I figure they don't care as much as I do about 2-bucket washing, maintenance between polishes, etc -- but I'm always happy with the result of ZAIO plus ZCS on my mom and brother's cars -- since it sounds you are not into the "perfect finish", ZAIO is what I'd recommend you stick with, but more than half of the friends I've turned on to Zaino and started them out with ZAIO have ultimately moved to Z2/5 because of the look they could achieve once they looked at my rides again. Z2/5 are my go-to polish for my personal rides. I don't personally use ZAIO as I can achieve more depth with Z2/5. I use Z6 as my every day quick detailer including after washes and between layers of Z2/5. It's cheaper than Z8 which I reserve for times I'm going out on the town. I'd use Z8 exclusively if price were not a consideration... It does have a better end result than Z6. ZPC is my minor defect touch up polish. Good stuff by hand or machine. ZCS extends durability of ZAIO, Z2 and Z5 -- perhaps the look too, but I couldnt swear to that. It's also part of my arsenal. Check out the Zaino sticky in this same forum... Lots of info there on opinions and such as well. My personal website has the whole Zaino regime I go through if you're interested in that detail.

Last edited by BertL; 06-23-12 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Added my personal website link for additional info
Old 06-23-12, 08:17 PM
kur1j
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BertL
You'll get deeper gloss with Z2/Z5 opposed to ZAIO depending on the color of your vehicle, especially darker colors and with multiple layers. I use ZPC with Z2/5 to speed drying time and allow me put up to 3 layers down in one 24-hour period. I only use ZAIO on friends and family vehicles -- I figure they don't care as much as I do about 2-bucket washing, maintenance between polishes, etc -- but I'm always happy with the result of ZAIO plus ZCS on my mom and brother's cars -- since it sounds you are not into the "perfect finish", ZAIO is what I'd recommend you stick with, but more than half of the friends I've turned on to Zaino and started them out with ZAIO have ultimately moved to Z2/5 because of the look they could achieve once they looked at my rides again. Z2/5 are my go-to polish for my personal rides. I don't personally use ZAIO as I can achieve more depth with Z2/5. I use Z6 as my every day quick detailer including after washes and between layers of Z2/5. It's cheaper than Z8 which I reserve for times I'm going out on the town. I'd use Z8 exclusively if price were not a consideration... It does have a better end result than Z6. ZPC is my minor defect touch up polish. Good stuff by hand or machine. ZCS extends durability of ZAIO, Z2 and Z5 -- perhaps the look too, but I couldnt swear to that. It's also part of my arsenal. Check out the Zaino sticky in this same forum... Lots of info there on opinions and such as well. My personal website has the whole Zaino regime I go through if you're interested in that detail.
Awesome thanks.

yeah you are right I'm not into detailing the hell out of a car I do it once water doesn't bead up on the car. Usually a few months.

Thank you for the write up. I simply use the methods listed at the top of the thread and seem to get decent results. But I might just try the ZAIO for the hell of it.

Thanks again.
Old 07-06-12, 03:34 PM
thark01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zaino is the best and worth the money.
Old 07-06-12, 11:24 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thark01
Zaino is the best and worth the money.
Considering all the new cerami-coats out there with similar UV technology built in and lasting much longer/easier to apply, I feel that Zaino is slowly becoming obsolete but to each their own. I'm still a nuba guy over those cerami-coats