Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

*NEW* Speedy Surface Prep Towel - Clay Bar Replacement!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-12, 02:17 PM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *NEW* Speedy Surface Prep Towel - Clay Bar Replacement!

You asked for it, and we got it - the Speedy Surface Prep Towel is now available at Autogeek!

If you think that's the best news you've heard all day, wait until you see the Detailer's Speedy Surface Prep Towel Combo for only $5 more than the towel itself!

The Speedy Surface Prep Towel is essentially a microfiber towel with a high-tech polymerized rubber coating applied to one side. This polymerized rubber coating grabs above surface contaminants and pulls them away from the surface, leaving you with contaminant-free paint. As a detailing enthusiast, you should know that shiny paint comes from clean paint!

A traditional detailing clay bar will yield 10-20 uses, depending on how contaminated the surface is. The Speedy Surface Prep towel will provide up to 100 applications, making it far more cost effective in the long run when compared to traditional detailing clay bars. What if you drop the Speedy Surface Prep Towel on the ground? Don’t toss it like you would a clay bar! Simply rinse it off with water and it’s ready for action once again.

Detailer’s Speedy Surface Prep Towel Combo
Old 06-28-12, 02:36 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

It's ridiculous how much new product has been brought to the market this past year. For decades, it was basically the same stuff.... car shampoo, clay bar, polish, and wax. Now there's so many substitutes it's hard to decide what to buy.
Old 07-02-12, 04:42 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, your right but these products have improved the detailing industry and help all in getting results ! This product has been getting great results and I myself are going to order one to use on my ride.
Old 07-03-12, 11:44 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
It's ridiculous how much new product has been brought to the market this past year. For decades, it was basically the same stuff.... car shampoo, clay bar, polish, and wax. Now there's so many substitutes it's hard to decide what to buy.
I'm all about products that save time and money.
Old 07-04-12, 11:21 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

I really want to try this, but none of my cars need to be detailed for a few months.
Old 07-04-12, 11:35 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
I'm all about products that save time and money.
Me too Nick!

After looking at the pics of the towel being used on the AG website, I can see how it is a time saver. What's it made of? Some kind of synthetic rubber material? Does it glide just as easily as a clay bar would without sticking to the paint? Can you use regular clay lube with it like ONR?
Old 07-06-12, 09:28 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Me too Nick!

After looking at the pics of the towel being used on the AG website, I can see how it is a time saver. What's it made of? Some kind of synthetic rubber material? Does it glide just as easily as a clay bar would without sticking to the paint? Can you use regular clay lube with it like ONR?
The Speedy Surface Prep Towel is essentially a microfiber towel with a high-tech polymerized rubber coating applied to one side. This polymerized rubber coating grabs above surface contaminants and pulls them away from the surface, leaving you with contaminant-free paint. You want to use a quality lubricant so you reduce the chance of scratching or marring the finish.
Old 07-06-12, 09:51 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha i was just thinking about how something like this should have been invented! I was using the Mothers clay bar kit and was wishing there could be a substance similar to clay that could pull the contaminants off. I am totally picking up this item when my next detail comes up!
Old 07-07-12, 02:49 PM
Dailow
Driver School Candidate

I can't tell you how many clay bars I've dropped on the ground... I might have to pick one of these up before my next detail.
Old 07-07-12, 06:56 PM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sorry to barge in like this but I have found Nanoskin Autoscrub 6" pad to use with DA or rotary buffer. Same price as this prep towel just much faster prep and better contaminant removal according to reviews. I am definately getting this pad. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-07-12, 07:51 PM
jj14
Lead Lap

With a claybar, once it gets dirt on it, we can knead it and get the surface relatively clean. How would that work with this pad? Does washing it really remove all the dirt from the surface? (if the dirt is that easily removed, how does the pad hold on to the dirt while in use?)

Sorry - I'm confused
Old 07-08-12, 08:41 AM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Read the description of it:
https://www.detailersdomain.com/product.asp?itemid=697
Plus reading reviews online, gives me confidence to get one.
Old 07-09-12, 03:55 AM
TOGWT
Rookie

Google “Nanoskin Surface Prep Towel” ,TOGWT for a product review / user instructions
Old 07-09-12, 06:01 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

looks good. Might need to pick one up for a fall detail.... just bought a new clay bar though.... maybe for the spring.