Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

zaino vrs blackfire diamond?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-12, 03:04 PM
palulo1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zaino vrs blackfire diamond?

best regards from costarica, which is better for you Blackfire zaino or diamond? and seen pictures of the 2 and the images are very similar, are saying?
Old 08-11-12, 04:44 PM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've personally used Zaino for years, find it easy to apply, long lasting, and just great on my silver, gold, blue, and dark gray cars.
Old 08-11-12, 05:59 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

i use chemical guys,,, but if i had a choice btwn. zaino and blackfire,,, i would choose blackfire. i used zaino and found blackfire to be a better product.
Old 08-12-12, 01:09 AM
gripau1
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Where can I purchase the Blackfire products? Any online shops that will ship overseas to Australia?
Old 08-12-12, 05:28 AM
BertL
Racer

Originally Posted by gripau1
Where can I purchase the Blackfire products? Any online shops that will ship overseas to Australia?
http://www.autogeek.net/ may be an option for you based on what I read in their FAQ, but you should probably contact them. I've had good customer service from them here in the US in the past.
Old 08-12-12, 04:12 PM
palulo1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks, difficult choice because there is very good reference for zaino and Blackfire. Z2 and ZFX zaino and a half ounce pot that is 1 to 3 layers me? and Z6 is indispensable?
Old 08-12-12, 05:53 PM
BertL
Racer

I as I said in an earlier post, I am very happy with Zaino, and have been since the late 90's and continue to get new friends to convert over to this system, but you'll find many other opinions on the products others also prefer. In the end, you are just going to need to pick one and give it a try.

If you are interested in more Zaino info, check out the sticky in this forum here, or my personal website has the process I personally use and refer friends to if you are so inclined. Good luck on your decision. I'm sure whichever product you select will provide great results.
Old 08-12-12, 06:05 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just picked up quite a few BF products. Personally I'm a fan of their line. All of their stuff has yet to disappoint me.

Zaino is definitely a quality product though. In the end whichever you choose will be a winner.
Old 08-13-12, 10:14 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I have used both. Zaino lasts longer but it is a two step/product process meaning it is more expensive and a little more time consuming and difficult to do. The protection of Zaino is very impressive and it looks good.

Blackfire WetDiamond does not seem to last as long as the Zaino process but it is less expensive and much easier to use. You just put it on and it easily wipes off. The finish is very smooth and slick and has a wetter darker look then Zaino.

I have been very impressed by both, Zaino for its long lasting durable protection and good looks and Blackfire for its ease of application, smoothness, wet look, and it lasts a long time as well. The price of the products/shipping and lack of sales for Zaino has turned me off a little though, I got my dad the Z8 spray for Christmas one year and it ended up costing around $40 by the time shipping was factored in which was kind of ridiculous.

As far as what I recommend it depends. If you want something you can put on your car and offer the best protection and not have to worry much about it for several months and don't mind a little more work/price then I would recommend Zaino(I used ZAIO and Z2) or Collonite products. If you want something that is easier to apply, less expensive, and has a little slicker feel and wetter look but won't last quite as long or provide as much protection but will be pretty close I would recommend Blackfire WetDiamond.
Old 08-13-12, 01:43 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UDel
I have used both. Zaino lasts longer but it is a two step/product process meaning it is more expensive and a little more time consuming and difficult to do. The protection of Zaino is very impressive and it looks good.

Blackfire WetDiamond does not seem to last as long as the Zaino process but it is less expensive and much easier to use. You just put it on and it easily wipes off. The finish is very smooth and slick and has a wetter darker look then Zaino.

I have been very impressed by both, Zaino for its long lasting durable protection and good looks and Blackfire for its ease of application, smoothness, wet look, and it lasts a long time as well. The price of the products/shipping and lack of sales for Zaino has turned me off a little though, I got my dad the Z8 spray for Christmas one year and it ended up costing around $40 by the time shipping was factored in which was kind of ridiculous.

As far as what I recommend it depends. If you want something you can put on your car and offer the best protection and not have to worry much about it for several months and don't mind a little more work/price then I would recommend Zaino(I used ZAIO and Z2) or Collonite products. If you want something that is easier to apply, less expensive, and has a little slicker feel and wetter look but won't last quite as long or provide as much protection but will be pretty close I would recommend Blackfire WetDiamond.
He could also pick up the BF Crystal Spray Sealant that will give about 6 months protection, then can add the wax on top if he wants, but the Sealant should be good enough.
Old 08-13-12, 06:48 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
He could also pick up the BF Crystal Spray Sealant that will give about 6 months protection, then can add the wax on top if he wants, but the Sealant should be good enough.
have you tried the BF CSS??? i've been meaning to get a bottle. i've been using Zaino Z-CS Clear. (which is the only Zaino product i use) if you've used BF CSS can you give me your reviews on it.
Old 08-13-12, 07:58 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
have you tried the BF CSS??? i've been meaning to get a bottle. i've been using Zaino Z-CS Clear. (which is the only Zaino product i use) if you've used BF CSS can you give me your reviews on it.
I'll be getting my whole order this Friday and hopefully Saturday I can get out there and hit my car with a full blown detail. I'll have a friend of mine taking high res shots if he's available.

From all the reviews i've read though, it's good stuff. None of the BF products have had negative reviews from what i've read on the AutoGeek forums, but yeah once I get down and dirty i'll be sure to throw up a review on here for everyone to read.
Old 08-13-12, 09:38 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

I'll be getting my whole order this Friday and hopefully Saturday I can get out there and hit my car with a full blown detail. I'll have a friend of mine taking high res shots if he's available.

From all the reviews i've read though, it's good stuff. None of the BF products have had negative reviews from what i've read on the AutoGeek forums, but yeah once I get down and dirty i'll be sure to throw up a review on here for everyone to read.
i switched to BF after Zaino. still have alot of BF,,, now i use CG. but very interested to hear how the BF CSS works out for you. thanx
Old 08-17-12, 11:09 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i switched to BF after Zaino. still have alot of BF,,, now i use CG. but very interested to hear how the BF CSS works out for you. thanx
Did the full detail today but it got dark and started raining as I finished and my photographer was unable to show, so wasn't able to get pics of the full process. I'll be doing a photoshoot next weekend or so so I'll keep you posted then with updated pics.
Old 08-18-12, 11:22 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Did the full detail today but it got dark and started raining as I finished and my photographer was unable to show, so wasn't able to get pics of the full process. I'll be doing a photoshoot next weekend or so so I'll keep you posted then with updated pics.
cool...

Quick Reply: zaino vrs blackfire diamond?