Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Black GS350 F sport with Liquid Glass polished

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-12, 09:29 AM
1111GS

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

That looks great. And Syd, yours is sick. Did it get shinier as you added more coats? If so I'll add more. I'm on 3rd one now. I don't think mine is shine like this. Did you machine buff it? Did you use the sealant prior to HB? I tried the hood but was too much work for me. Your camera is not that bad at all. Looks good.
Old 12-06-12, 12:18 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AlphQiu
I did the research on it, but I really mess up the hard body and the body wrap. What's the different? they are great I might wanna try that next time but can I use some compound to remove the scratches then use the nano?
body wrap is old news... hard body is much, much better. the diff is that HB is more durable better lifespan and the gloss level, sun or no sun is ridiculous. yes... i would correct the paint first before using HB. you'll have to strip off all the LGP, clay the car. you can use a polish of your choice... wolfs shine and seal is good, although it doesn't have much cut. Meguiars or Sonax has a good cutting polish. after the polish give it an IPA wipedown 2 times. then on to the HB. don't use too much. a few drops per panel is enough. and use a piece of a microfiber towel. i cut one into small squares and it works great. work the HB into the paint until it disappears. if you get hazing that means the paint isn't clean or the piece of towel you're using isn't clean. apply one coat, wait 15 minutes and wipe off. wait 3hrs and repeat the process for the second coat. after the 2nd coat is done, just leave the car alone, don't wash it for 24/48 hrs. or you can leave it and let it do it's magic. after a few days maybe a week... look at the car and the gloss will have magnified. then wash it.
Old 12-06-12, 12:25 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
That looks great. And Syd, yours is sick. Did it get shinier as you added more coats? If so I'll add more. I'm on 3rd one now. I don't think mine is shine like this. Did you machine buff it? Did you use the sealant prior to HB? I tried the hood but was too much work for me. Your camera is not that bad at all. Looks good.
cut it out BN... my camera sucks .
i have 6 coats on now, i think the gloss level did magnify a bit. but what i want now is durability. i did it all by hand, and i did not use a sealant prior to applying HB. you can use a PC with an uber black pad to apply HB, but i prefer the hard way... by hand.
Old 12-06-12, 12:55 PM
AlphQiu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
body wrap is old news... hard body is much, much better. the diff is that HB is more durable better lifespan and the gloss level, sun or no sun is ridiculous. yes... i would correct the paint first before using HB. you'll have to strip off all the LGP, clay the car. you can use a polish of your choice... wolfs shine and seal is good, although it doesn't have much cut. Meguiars or Sonax has a good cutting polish. after the polish give it an IPA wipedown 2 times. then on to the HB. don't use too much. a few drops per panel is enough. and use a piece of a microfiber towel. i cut one into small squares and it works great. work the HB into the paint until it disappears. if you get hazing that means the paint isn't clean or the piece of towel you're using isn't clean. apply one coat, wait 15 minutes and wipe off. wait 3hrs and repeat the process for the second coat. after the 2nd coat is done, just leave the car alone, don't wash it for 24/48 hrs. or you can leave it and let it do it's magic. after a few days maybe a week... look at the car and the gloss will have magnified. then wash it.
So I have to use one of the pre-cleaner before the clay (can I use maguair ultimate compound) and then use the wolf Polish
Old 12-06-12, 01:05 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

So I have to use one of the pre-cleaner before the clay (can I use maguair ultimate compound) and then use the wolf Polish
yes sir... you sure can. don't forget that after you use the megs, wipe the car down with an IPA to get rid of the oils that was left on the paint from the megs. 2 IPA wipedowns. shine and seal is actually not necessary but you can apply it if you want. after the 2 wipedowns you can go ahead and apply the HB.
Old 12-06-12, 01:15 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used Liquid Glass. I like how it looks.

Your GS looks great!
Old 12-06-12, 02:12 PM
AlphQiu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
yes sir... you sure can. don't forget that after you use the megs, wipe the car down with an IPA to get rid of the oils that was left on the paint from the megs. 2 IPA wipedowns. shine and seal is actually not necessary but you can apply it if you want. after the 2 wipedowns you can go ahead and apply the HB.
I'm afraid the ipa would wipedown all the compound. Also where you buy the hb
Old 12-06-12, 02:20 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

the IPA won't degrade the compound. the compound was used to get rid of the imperfections and add gloss to the paint. once the imperfections are gone, you have no worries... and it doesn't have to be perfect as long as you're satisfied with the level of correction. the IPA just gets rid of the oils. the HB won't adhere correctly to your paint if there is oils left on it. it will make the application and removal of HB that much harder. you can get HB from:::

Detailers Domain
http://www.detailersdomain.com
Phone number: 201-660-7010

they're a sponsor on this forum. next day service. use the code NEWBIE for a 15/20% discount

Last edited by sydtoosic; 12-06-12 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-06-12, 08:45 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

To the OP, your car looks amazing. However, I've used a couple of coats of Wolf's Hard Body on my GS and it keeps the shine and water repellant qualities for a long time. Looks amazing as well!

Syd, I just ordered Wolf's Rim Shield today to keep the brake dust away! I am sold on Wolf's products.
Old 12-06-12, 09:09 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
To the OP, your car looks amazing. However, I've used a couple of coats of Wolf's Hard Body on my GS and it keeps the shine and water repellant qualities for a long time. Looks amazing as well!

Syd, I just ordered Wolf's Rim Shield today to keep the brake dust away! I am sold on Wolf's products.
you won't be disappointed with the Rim Shield. wheels should be super clean. apply first coat firm pressure(not to firm) let dry for 10 minutes wipe with damp MF towel or with soap and water. apply second coat let dry 10 minutes wipe off and you're done.
Old 12-06-12, 10:22 PM
AlphQiu
Driver School Candidate

Every time you reapply the hard body. do u have to wash it first or ipa ? I mean like a week after the second coats.
Old 12-06-12, 11:32 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Every time you reapply the hard body. do u have to wash it first or ipa ? I mean like a week after the second coats.
i would... wash and then IPA and then HB. the more you do it the easier it gets.