Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-02, 02:16 PM
gs400_Vic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Cover

Hey guys, Happy Holidays

I just got a Wolf car cover (series 300). for my GS4 Does anybody know the quality of this product? I've never gotten a cover, cuz I park in my garage usually, and I had heard that getting a low quality cover can actually damage the car paint. Anybody have any insight as to whether this is a valid issue with this cover?

Thanks for any help
Old 12-26-02, 03:45 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

are you gonna use it for indoor or outdoor storage? the wolf300 is a pretty thick cover, if i remember correctly(not considered a lightweight). just make sure you have plenty of wax on your car, and watch out for the grommet holes on the bottom because they can scratch.
Old 12-26-02, 04:14 PM
gs400_Vic
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply!

mostly outdoor, when i cant get into the garage for whatever reason. sometimes indoor if i'm trying to keep the cali dust off the car for a little longer. my main concern is no damage, scratches etc and no problems with the morning dew
Old 12-27-02, 01:51 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Few things...

I've had to help answer this a lot in the last year because I moderate a couple detailing forums on different sites, here's some things I've gleaned;

The best covers are now 4 ply woven fabrics. The top manufacturers are DuPont and Kimberly-Clarke. I believe the latter makes BLOCK-IT (TM) NOAH (TM), a newly developed, high-tech fabric. It's breathable as all quality outdoor covers are (this is a MUST for an outdoor fabric so moisture isn't trapped).

Any cover that's breathable and uses Evolution IV fabric is safe to use. A high qaulity custom fit cover will cost in the neighborhood of $250. The elastic is typically BELOW the beltline of the car (front and rear fascias) so they don't come in contact with the paint.

You can spend considerably less for an indoor only DUST-STOP type cover, for a garage queen, but for indoors and outdoors you must get a fully breathable one. It's a great compromise between a garage and having to leave it out in the sun/ weather. UV rays are the primary cause of oxidation and paint failure, and a cover will prevent that, as well as preclude the hard water mineral deposits from acid rain. Just follow meZoom!'s advice and keep a good wax or sealant on it, because it will stay wet a bit longer than if not covered and air-dried. Good luck.
Old 12-27-02, 03:08 AM
gs400_Vic
Driver School Candidate

excellent info thanks...the series 300 is Block It thanks again