Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

CG "Black" wax and Black light questions ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-13, 05:10 AM
dandg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG "Black" wax and Black light questions ?

Hi all,this is by far the most informative detail forum for me as a novice to learn about care of my 08 Black Onyx GX470 that I bought last summer. Been using the Black light-x2 then V7 and thought I would try the wax they have.The kit came with more Black light and the Black wax"

has anyone used it on here yet ?

Would the proper procedure be ?
foam gun-the 2 bucket wash
Black light x1 ,then Black Wax
or just Black wax
then the V7

any other advice would be great-I know I have to get a duel action machine polish at some point but still in the by hand mode until I feel I can use one correctly.
many thanks
Old 05-04-13, 11:53 PM
MXT4life
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently use the Pete's 53 Black Signature wax but not he black wax that they offer along with hybrid v7 and its worked really well on my black paint.
Also for your method you should clay before you apply the black light glaze then wax then v7. Them from then on you can use just v7 after your washes
Old 05-05-13, 05:57 AM
dandg
Driver

Thank you MXT4Life,

I was toying with that Petes 53 and perhaps should have gone with it. I do need to learn the clay bar procedure,my RX needs it I can feel it with the plastic bag test and that would be a good one to learn on ( Flint Mica-been using the Black Light X2 and then V7 (after foam gun and 2 bucket wash).

Like you I love the look of the black cars but wow its really is a full time job to keep them clean.

thanks again for you help
Old 05-05-13, 10:36 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dandg
Thank you MXT4Life,

I was toying with that Petes 53 and perhaps should have gone with it. I do need to learn the clay bar procedure,my RX needs it I can feel it with the plastic bag test and that would be a good one to learn on ( Flint Mica-been using the Black Light X2 and then V7 (after foam gun and 2 bucket wash).

Like you I love the look of the black cars but wow its really is a full time job to keep them clean.

clay baring is very easy. Just search youtube videos of it.
Old 05-05-13, 08:00 PM
bl3ujay07
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dandg
Thank you MXT4Life,

If you are like me, you will hate claying. It just takes soo long and having to constantly kneed the clay gets very tiresome. I bought a nanoskin wash mit and do not plan to ever use clay again. Makes it soo much easier to use and so much faster. It is rather "expensive" but in the long run, it will end up costing probably less than clay.

Blacklight is pretty awesome on black onyx. I have been using blue pad and applying black light as a lsp but just this weekend, I used a black pad. 2 pass at speed 4 with some pressure, 2 pass at same speed but just the pressure of the DA, and last 2 pass at speed 3 like applying a LSP. Man was there a BIG difference in clarity/the finish! I will be using Blacklight with black pad from now on. Didn't have time to apply some v7 but it turned out pretty well.

Black IS a full-time job to keep them clean. I do my routine wash every week and the next next day i drive to work or school, car is already pretty dusty/dirty (in my opinion). I was pretty upset having to drop of my niece literally just 5 miles away after washing the car 2 times with CGCWG to strip the paint and apply blacklight. The whole rear bumper and the rear got pretty dusty. Can't ever win with a black car.
Old 05-12-13, 09:30 AM
dandg
Driver

Originally Posted by bl3ujay07
If you are like me, you will hate claying. It just takes soo long and having to constantly kneed the clay gets very tiresome. I bought a nanoskin wash mit and do not plan to ever use clay again. Makes it soo much easier to use and so much faster. It is rather "expensive" but in the long run, it will end up costing probably less than clay.

Blacklight is pretty awesome on black onyx. I have been using blue pad and applying black light as a lsp but just this weekend, I used a black pad. 2 pass at speed 4 with some pressure, 2 pass at same speed but just the pressure of the DA, and last 2 pass at speed 3 like applying a LSP. Man was there a BIG difference in clarity/the finish! I will be using Blacklight with black pad from now on. Didn't have time to apply some v7 but it turned out pretty well.

Black IS a full-time job to keep them clean. I do my routine wash every week and the next next day i drive to work or school, car is already pretty dusty/dirty (in my opinion). I was pretty upset having to drop of my niece literally just 5 miles away after washing the car 2 times with CGCWG to strip the paint and apply blacklight. The whole rear bumper and the rear got pretty dusty. Can't ever win with a black car.
Thanks for the post, and I will check out that nanoskin mitt,happy to pay for something that makes it easier.

I am like you and love the Black,like you say one drive out and the dust is all over it.I live 1 mile in on a dirt road too. I could be wrong but I think that V7 helps keep the dust own a little thou.
Mine is nice a dirty now so I ill be stripping it with the CGCW then go with BL- by hand still not up to the DA yet but I may take the jump this summer.,Looking forward to seeing if this CG Black wax is worth it.

thanks all for the help