Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

After OOC wash

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-13 | 07:38 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Sooo seeing as OOC is a heavy QD type product, are you guys still buying ONR as a Clay Lube/WW? I remembered when I was looking around for a good all around product that ONR was it due to it's ability to be used as a QD/WW/Clay Lube.. Knocking out three points with one product is pretty damn good IMO and will be a lot easier on the pockets in the long run if you're running a shop (even if you're not i'd still do it)..

Or are you guys not using ONR at all as Clay Lube/QD at all?
Old 05-20-13 | 09:21 AM
ialexxx
Driver

I still use ONR as a clay lube but I dilute it to quick detailer strength. I use about 3-4 fl oz. for a 32 oz spray bottle. But I did switch to opti eraser which is optimum products alternative to a clay bar. It Reduces to risk of marring your paint and is it a lot easier to use.
Old 05-20-13 | 10:27 AM
1111GS

I think I need to stay away from your posts, Syd. I got the ONR (along with the CG WSR). I really like the product and I think I have only used it three or four times. Now you're recommending OOC? I think I need to wash my car more often so I have a reason to get OOC. Thanks for the review.
Old 05-20-13 | 10:30 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
I think I need to stay away from your posts, Syd. I got the ONR (along with the CG WSR). I really like the product and I think I have only used it three or four times. Now you're recommending OOC? I think I need to wash my car more often so I have a reason to get OOC. Thanks for the review.
LOL.

Detailing sucks, because you're always wanting to try all this new stuff. I think it's worse than the mod bug.
Old 05-20-13 | 11:18 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

BN, you know we go back like 4 flats on a Cadillac. you have to admit that washing with ONR is so much easier and faster than the conventional way. OOC is used for a QD... i use it to pre soak each panel before i wash it with ONRWW especially on the bottom half of the car where most of the heavy dirt accumulates. like LuxuryGS3 stated... you can use one of the optimum products for different things instead of switching from this bottle to that bottle. i just ordered some OPC for my ATL road trip.

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
LOL.

Detailing sucks, because you're always wanting to try all this new stuff. I think it's worse than the mod bug.
yeah it can be worse than the mod bug.
Old 05-20-13 | 01:20 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Or are you guys not using ONR at all as Clay Lube/QD at all?
I've never really used ONR as a clay lube, I wash with traditional hose and bucket, and soap each panel/clay as I go around, so I don't use a clay lube at all.
Old 05-21-13 | 12:11 PM
1111GS

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
BN, you know we go back like 4 flats on a Cadillac. you have to admit that washing with ONR is so much easier and faster than the conventional way. OOC is used for a QD... i use it to pre soak each panel before i wash it with ONRWW especially on the bottom half of the car where most of the heavy dirt accumulates. like LuxuryGS3 stated... you can use one of the optimum products for different things instead of switching from this bottle to that bottle. i just ordered some OPC for my ATL road trip.
Definitely much easier, faster and more convenient. It makes maintaining a black car a lot easier. At some point in the recent past I thought I was tired with this OB. Now the love is back. I don't think I can give up OB for a different color in future. I hope you're not living with "what if". Have a safe trip to ALT. If you move with a truck, they may be able to put your car inside the truck and move there for you. Both of our cars were inside the truck when we moved here.
Old 05-22-13 | 03:15 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Definitely much easier, faster and more convenient. It makes maintaining a black car a lot easier. At some point in the recent past I thought I was tired with this OB. Now the love is back. I don't think I can give up OB for a different color in future. I hope you're not living with "what if". Have a safe trip to ALT. If you move with a truck, they may be able to put your car inside the truck and move there for you. Both of our cars were inside the truck when we moved here.
nah, i'm not suffering from a case of what ifs... i was waiting for the depression to set in, but it never did. thanx, i'm a safe driver and always on the lookout for idiots that can't drive so me and the mrs. will be fine. never thought of packing my baby in the truck... , thanks for the thought BN...
Old 05-27-13 | 09:51 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

I bought a gallon of ooc concentrate and planto fond lots of ways to use it. I like summer road trips. We usually do a 2-3,000 mile road trip every year. What would you take in your car care kit on a 10-14 day trip? BTW, that perforated leather can be annoying. The shop vac doesn't even pick up some little particles that get lodged in the holes.
Old 06-01-13 | 09:26 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Tried the ooc last night instead of doing afull wash. The car looks great, but i noticed the windows look bad this morning. I'll have to use a window cleaner.
Old 06-01-13 | 02:20 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by larryinWA
I bought a gallon of ooc concentrate and planto fond lots of ways to use it. I like summer road trips. We usually do a 2-3,000 mile road trip every year. What would you take in your car care kit on a 10-14 day trip? BTW, that perforated leather can be annoying. The shop vac doesn't even pick up some little particles that get lodged in the holes.
all you need for a RT is a spray bottle with OOC & ONR, and of course some quality MF towels. i take my bucket also with about 6oz. of ONRWW just in case i need to wash her.

Originally Posted by larryinWA
Tried the ooc last night instead of doing afull wash. The car looks great, but i noticed the windows look bad this morning. I'll have to use a window cleaner.
i wash the windows with ONRWW while washing the car and after i dry it my windows are clear and clean.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 06-01-13 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-01-13 | 03:01 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

I'll add the onrww to my next shopping list. Thanks