Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Do you allow people to eat in your car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-13, 01:11 PM
LINDSDST
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you allow people to eat in your car?

I saw this question posted on the Lexus Facebook page awhile back and thought it would be a good question to ask here in this forum. Do you let people eat in your car? If yes, are certain foods or beverages banned from your car. For me, I only allow a certain few folks to eat in my car because I know those certain ppl are not clumsy and if they do drop a fry, it's picked up immediately. Kids are not allowed to eat in my car. A bbq incident on my parchment colored floor mat caused by my niece is why kids have to wait until the final destination to eat in my car. Fruit Punch is completely banned from GS too. What about you?
Old 05-20-13, 02:10 PM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

No one ever eats or drinks in my cars, and I don't in theirs. Period. If I'm on a multi-hour road trip, I sometimes take along bottled water, but if I eat anything in the car, and I could probably count the number of times I have done that typically pre-dawn when there are not a lot of options, it's only of the non-messy variety should it fall out of my hands (e.g. junk food Danish in a wrapper).
Old 05-20-13, 03:27 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

" HELL NO" !!! if you're that hungry eat before you leave the house, if we're... out eat in the restaurant where you got the food because if you don't, you'll be eating outside of the car. they're lucky i let them get in my car with their shoes on. lol
Old 05-20-13, 05:27 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've got an all black interior. As **** as I am about cleanliness, I don't mind when people eat in my IS. They know to be careful. Besides, if I have someone riding in it, it'll be cleaned in the next day or two.
Old 05-20-13, 05:29 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Hell no. Only closed drinks and that's pushing it

/thread
Old 05-20-13, 05:36 PM
Lexi66
Pole Position

Default Eating in my car...

Originally Posted by LINDSDST
I saw this question posted on the Lexus Facebook page awhile back and thought it would be a good question to ask here in this forum. Do you let people eat in your car? If yes, are certain foods or beverages banned from your car. For me, I only allow a certain few folks to eat in my car because I know those certain ppl are not clumsy and if they do drop a fry, it's picked up immediately. Kids are not allowed to eat in my car. A bbq incident on my parchment colored floor mat caused by my niece is why kids have to wait until the final destination to eat in my car. Fruit Punch is completely banned from GS too. What about you?
I don't even drink coffee in it, but it's not a daily driver. Think it's easier not to worry about
having to clean up after me or anyone else. Just my 2 cents!
Old 05-20-13, 09:57 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

^ I'm with you. It's not my daily, but I do try to keep it as pristine as can be.
Old 05-20-13, 10:19 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dirt and rocks always find themselves in my car so its inevitable food will as well. Although with my car in its current state, a drink cup from some fast food place would splash everywhere in the cup holder so I try to avoid it when necessary
Old 05-21-13, 02:07 AM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

I usually dont. But I tell the girlfriend not to and she does anyways. One thing i hate the most and I don't know if she does it on purpose or is just use to doing this is...she will eat a french fry and sprinkle the salt off her fingers right over her lap. I told her she does that but she said she doesnt. Either way its a lose-lose conversation.
Old 05-21-13, 04:25 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Absolutely not, too much opportunity for mayhem and since I am the one who has to clean it up...no way. My car is not a rolling restaurant. Closed drinks are the limit (My wife has to have water everywhere she goes). The way I look at it, no one is going to starve to death till we get to our destination, which is usually just across town.
Old 05-21-13, 05:06 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Yep, eat, drink, no smoking. It's my daily driver and my long distance traveler. We also use it tailgating, which means food and drink. It's cleaned often and Woolite is my friend. Just stay away from the stainers...grape juice for example. I hate it more when it rains or gets muddy and I track onto the floor mats and I've just removed the winter set....
Old 05-21-13, 07:00 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
" HELL NO" !!! if you're that hungry eat before you leave the house, if we're... out eat in the restaurant where you got the food because if you don't, you'll be eating outside of the car. they're lucky i let them get in my car with their shoes on. lol
LMAO! so true with this one bro!

steve
Old 05-21-13, 11:07 AM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha yep I do. When you take your Supra on 1500-2000 mile road trips, you kinda have to
Old 05-21-13, 11:49 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 425 Likes on 349 Posts

Never! The only person allowed to eat in my car is me, no exceptions. My sister tried to eat food in my SC when I first bought it and I got so mad that she didn't ride in the car again for over a year.
Old 05-25-13, 12:12 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Anyone can eat in my car as long as they don't drop the food. I've learned to let it go because my car will eventually become dirty no matter how much I try to keep it clean.

Quick Reply: Do you allow people to eat in your car?