Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Detailing Packages

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-13, 03:55 PM
jdsilverm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailing Packages

Hey everyone. I'm relatively new here, having bought a 2012 ES350 last year. Stargazer Black, and amazing! I'm absolutely loving it. I have been lurking on the forums for over a year now, and really enjoying all the fantastic advice from everyone. (Thanks!) Everything from exterior, interior, leather, etc. So much great information. I have been stocking up on Meguires products and using them primarily. However, I need to start getting some more serious detailing products and started searching the detailing forum for packages and bundles. I read in many threads that "our forum vendor sponsors have put together packages, etc..." many times, but there are no links or other information to be found. Going on some of their sites is no help either, with no links to "packages" or "bundles." (And if they are, they are for specific purposes, not huge bundles, etc.)

So, sorry to ramble, but wanted to let you know that I tried to do research first, but was wondering if people could give specific links to forum vendor's packages/bundles, or other great bundles you have found. I would love to get a huge bundle of Meguires products, or something else people are really recommending. I remember seeing a huge bundle of Meguires stuff a long time ago that came with 50 or more products. THAT would be something I would be interested in.

Thanks so much for all your assistance in advance, and thanks again to all the people who graciously give of their time and knowledge!

JDS!
Old 06-16-13, 08:39 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey man there are definitely bundles you can go with although I would recommend building your own bundle sorta.. If you get my drift. You can get a lot of good products in a pre built bundle but IMO you can go a longer way if you make your own.. From my experience this is what I would recommend..

As far as your usual washing routine these are the products I would recommend..

-: 2 5 Gallon Buckets equipped with Grit Guards
-: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax

ONR is an amazing product because you can split that into more than one product with simple dilution. It can be used as Waterless Wash/Clay Lube/Quick Detailer. Great for an all around product and saves you in the long run because you won't be buying 3 different products when you can get one that will do the job.

When you want to get down a little bit more as far as polishing and compounding goes I would recommend Menzerna products with a PC7424 to start out with if you're new to the buffer world. After some months of practice and getting use to you could then move up to a Flex or a Rupes Bigfoot polisher. Lake Country CCS pads are also good to use. I use a Orange Pad for compounding and a White Pad for the polishing step. If you're wanting a good AIO that is easy to use and adds long lasting protection and depth then Optimum GPS (Glaze Polish & Sealant).. I've talked to MANY detailers who own their own shop and they have all recommended this product to be used as a go to AIO if any.

Back to another product that can do more than one thing with dilution would be Optimum Opti Clean.. This is another great product to use as a wheel cleaner/interior cleaner/engine cleaner.

Anyways to wrap up my post (I feel like i'm bouncing around a bit).. I'd do a bit more research than just going with a 'kit' believe me there's a lot out there that is great to use that isn't part of a set kit already.

-: Optimum ONR
-: Optimum GPS
-: Optimum Opti Clean
-: 2 5 Gallon Buckets
-: 2 Grit Guards
-: 0000 Steel Wool (for polishing your exhaust, dab some of your compound on this and then some elbow grease and your exhaust will pop like never before)
-: Menzerna FG400
-: Menzerna Polish

These are all the products i'd recommend looking at. Also do a lot of reading on AutoGeek on the forums and whatnot. That's also where I order all of my products from too.

http://www.autogeek.net
http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-wax.html
http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-of-germany.html

Good luck
Old 06-17-13, 02:35 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

don't forget Chemicalguys and detailedimage have some great kits as well... from basic to advance..