Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Any Reputable Detail Shop in LA area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-03, 03:07 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any Reputable Detail Shop in LA area?

Hi everyone,

I would certainly love to do the detail myself, but I don't think I can find time to do it. Does anyone know any reputable detailing shop around Los Angeles area??
Old 01-16-03, 08:58 PM
angelsfan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tried twice to get my black RX detailed in OC. Both times I had to go back and do it over myself. No luck so far in "great" detailing here.
Old 01-19-03, 09:39 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Walker Detail in century city has a good reputation but i have never been myself...they r semi-expensive and advertise themselves as some high-class car maintenance place, with a nice glossy brochure w/ a porsche on the cover. if it means anything, though, their sign out front has been paintballed recently.
Old 01-19-03, 11:26 PM
Ryan
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I know an excellent detail shop in Newport Beach. They have a contract with Fletcher Jones Mercedes Benz. These guys must detail 30 MB a day! I've had them do my Range Rover and Lexus. They are right next to work so me and my friends use them all the time. I have never seen a better detail job. They know their stuff and have good prices.

Info:
Dave's Detailing
4000 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 1
Newport Beach, CA 92660
(949) 752-8838

Mobile Detail: (949) 252-1443
Old 01-20-03, 01:43 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thanks

thanks guys... Since I am in Costa Mesa I will try Ryan's place first. By the way, do you know the price in terms of detailing the entire car?
Old 01-21-03, 05:33 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

hmmm there is Car Spa in Irvine

for 40 bucks a month you get free unlimited handwashes (they do a pretty decent good job) and I think its 20 bucks they give a quick detail which leaves the car looking pretty sweet but for the real detaling prices- they get steeper but damn I have seen some nice looking cars in there (I've never had them fully detail my car yet)

how much does a full detail from Daves go for? I just got my SC repainted and I want a professional job to maintain from the begininning
Old 01-25-03, 02:08 AM
Ryan
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think 130 - 150 for a complete detail. It cost that for my wife's Range Rover, a passenger car might be a little less. You can mix and match options on what you want done. For the full detail, they work on your car all day and do everything. Polish, wax, clean and condition leather, clean and dress engine, do the wheels, carpet, clean instrument panel well - the total works. I am VERY impressed and will not take my car anywhere else.
Old 01-25-03, 05:07 PM
Ex996
Lead Lap

Originally posted by meZoom!
Walker Detail in century city has a good reputation but i have never been myself...they r semi-expensive and advertise themselves as some high-class car maintenance place, with a nice glossy brochure w/ a porsche on the cover. if it means anything, though, their sign out front has been paintballed recently.
I had my black Porsche (traded up the my GS430!) detailed there and they did a pretty good job! I'm as compulsive as hell about that stuff and actually stayed and watched most of it. I brought a 12 pack of Dos Equis for the guys- small price to pay but your car gets a HELL of a lot more attention.