Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Has anyone tried this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-13 | 08:20 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Default Has anyone tried this?

Second Skin Hybrid Vehicle Coating System SS6 - Chemical Guys Detailing Car Care Bentley...

yet another coating that will stand up to, dirt, road grime, etc... CG claims it lasts 18 months and can be topped with wax. it's packaged in a silver aluminum can and it's an aerosol. 15 minutes dry time (must have missed curing time) but don't know if it can be layered. i'm going back to do more snooping on this product. ok, it can be used on the entire car, wheels, glass etc... it is 139.00 on the CG site but they are selling it for, i believe 95.00. car can not be exposed to the elements for 8 to 12 hrs. after it's applied and dried. oh, and the elegant edgeless towel he is using is 25.00... WTF.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 08-27-13 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-27-13 | 12:08 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

i know youre looking to see if any CL guys tried it but if i were you i would also google it and see what other car communities thought of this product
Old 08-27-13 | 12:33 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Definitely Haven't tried it... just heard about it the other day.

After having the privilege of working with CQuartz Finest this weekend, I'm not sure if I will be seeking any other coatings to "try" for quite a while. CQF was excellent (even easier to apply than 22ple).

Results were pretty awesome too
Old 08-27-13 | 06:39 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Definitely Haven't tried it... just heard about it the other day.

After having the privilege of working with CQuartz Finest this weekend, I'm not sure if I will be seeking any other coatings to "try" for quite a while. CQF was excellent (even easier to apply than 22ple).

Results were pretty awesome too
"DAMN", now that's what I call GLOSS. Nice work Z. How did the application go, as easy as 22PLE? Disregard the last question... Just reread the post... So it was easier than 22PLE. Cool.
Old 08-27-13 | 07:21 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

You guys keep in mind that application of these coatings will vary from paint to paint. Applying Opti Coat Pro to a Silver Audi is gonna be alot easier than a black Subaru because of the different paint characteristics. I guess to truly test two products side by side, you will need to do them on the same car at the same time while your impressions are still fresh in your mind. But yes, I think the reduced curing time of the CQuartz Finest is definitely an answer alot of people have been looking for.
Old 08-28-13 | 01:29 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Extensive thread developing on AGO regarding SS6.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-skin-6-a.html
Old 08-28-13 | 01:32 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
"DAMN", now that's what I call GLOSS. Nice work Z. How did the application go, as easy as 22PLE? Disregard the last question... Just reread the post... So it was easier than 22PLE. Cool.
Thanks... it was a piece of cake to work with. Here is what I posted on my AGO thread about the CQF application.

Originally Posted by zmcgovern45
**Some thoughts on CQuartz Finest - It is always somewhat intimidating to apply coating products in high heat/high humidity conditions. Some coatings tend to flash very quickly in these conditions which can make application time consuming and sometimes a little frustrating. Finest was the easiest coating product I have ever worked with. Even with the 85 degree temps and high humidity, I was able to apply a thick layer of the coating to the entire vehicle before wiping it off. I applied 2 coats and I had no issues removing the excess product either time. It wiped right off, very cleanly, and left no streaks or residue (like 22ple can if you are not very careful). Overall it was a pleasure to work with and I can't wait to use it again. Shout out to Corey at CarPro-US for the amazing product and for the great customer support!