Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Need recommendation from New Yorkers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-13, 07:45 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need recommendation from New Yorkers?

Does anyone in NYC know where I can get my car hand washed or detailed from someone who actually know what he/she is doing so that I don't have to worry about getting my car back with swirls over? I did some research myself, but I couldn't find anything useful.
Old 09-08-13, 08:57 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We had a discussion similar to this... Not NYC..
http://www.detailingdynamics.com/ I plan on going sometime this week or next...
Old 09-08-13, 02:15 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

detailing dynamics is asking $200.00 for a wash. i don't have anything good to say about Detailing Dynamics. IMO it would be cheaper to buy the products and do it yourself. if you want to keep your car scratch and swirl free... do it yourself but make sure you do your homework so it will get done properly. Detailers Domain in Norwood NJ is the best detail place i've ever been to, his car wash is expensive also, so you'd be better off getting the detail also.
Old 09-08-13, 04:59 PM
daddykay24
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
detailing dynamics is asking $200.00 for a wash. i don't have anything good to say about Detailing Dynamics. IMO it would be cheaper to buy the products and do it yourself. if you want to keep your car scratch and swirl free... do it yourself but make sure you do your homework so it will get done properly. Detailers Domain in Norwood NJ is the best detail place i've ever been to, his car wash is expensive also, so you'd be better off getting the detail also.
I second detailers domain. But as stated above, they are not cheap at all. Nevertheless, you get what you pay for and Phil does quality work.
Old 09-11-13, 03:24 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks all. I went to Phil before and I'm happy with their work; however, they're just a bit too far from me. If I can't find anyone else locally, I will go to Phil once every quarter for a wash/wax/etc.
Old 09-11-13, 07:02 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by doctorttt
Thanks all. I went to Phil before and I'm happy with their work; however, they're just a bit too far from me. If I can't find anyone else locally, I will go to Phil once every quarter for a wash/wax/etc.
I lived in S. Richmond Hill Queens and I used to get there in 30 to 35 minutes, 45 minutes tops.