Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How do I get rid of these darker spots??

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-13, 09:45 AM
xMJx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get rid of these darker spots??

Hey guys, I've got an issue I'm not sure about. I bought the car about a month ago and did a cleaning with Einszett Premium to clear off the shiny stuff the dealer put on. The spots were there before but I thought they were caused by the shiny stuff. What do I need to do/use to get rid of them since the Einszett didn't work? I don't think it's some sort of drink/food related contamination, maybe something oil based. It's on the dash and passenger doors too
Attached Thumbnails How do I get rid of these darker spots??-image-3706142421.jpg  
Old 11-11-13, 07:18 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Einszett Cockpit Premium is not a "true" cleaner that would remove the shiny dressing applied by the dealerships. Cockpit Premium is typically used to lightly clean the surfaces from dust/dirt build up and then leave a layer of UV protection on the surface.

If you want to truly remove the existing dealership crud from all of your plastic/vinyl (and probably leather) surfaces, you will need to use an all purpose cleaner like Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner D101 (<- amazing value, and great product!) or Optimum Power Clean.

To clean the trim, dilute the cleaner in a separate spray bottle as recommended per the instructions on the bottle. Spray the cleaner onto the surface, and agitate with a brush like this one. Once the area has been cleaned, remove the all purpose cleaner with a clean, damp microfiber towel. Repeat as needed until everything has been cleaned. Then, follow up with Cockpit Premium to provide UV protection.
Old 11-11-13, 08:00 AM
xMJx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Einszett Cockpit Premium is not a "true" cleaner that would remove the shiny dressing applied by the dealerships. Cockpit Premium is typically used to lightly clean the surfaces from dust/dirt build up and then leave a layer of UV protection on the surface.

If you want to truly remove the existing dealership crud from all of your plastic/vinyl (and probably leather) surfaces, you will need to use an all purpose cleaner like Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner D101 (<- amazing value, and great product!) or Optimum Power Clean.

To clean the trim, dilute the cleaner in a separate spray bottle as recommended per the instructions on the bottle. Spray the cleaner onto the surface, and agitate with a brush like this one. Once the area has been cleaned, remove the all purpose cleaner with a clean, damp microfiber towel. Repeat as needed until everything has been cleaned. Then, follow up with Cockpit Premium to provide UV protection.
Sweet, thanks for the info and advice. I didn't realize there were all purpose cleaners we could use on the interiors- always thought the einszett was enough.
Old 11-11-13, 08:39 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by xMJx
Sweet, thanks for the info and advice. I didn't realize there were all purpose cleaners we could use on the interiors- always thought the einszett was enough.
Meguiar's D101 Product Info:
-Perfect for carpet, upholstery, vinyl and leather surfaces
-Concentrated formula works effectively at a 10:1 dilution ratio
-Agitate stubborn stains with a medium bristled brush for maximum results
-Exceptional value for detailers and enthusiasts
-Dilute and dispense using a 22 oz trigger spray bottle

For general interior cleanings it is recommend you dilute it down 10:1 (water:cleaner), but a dilution of (4:1) may be used for more stubborn stains or buildup.

This product can also be used on wheels, tires, engine, and exterior components. I always keep it in stock

Originally Posted by www.DetailedImage.com
Directions
DILUTION: Heavy Strength 4:1 Medium Strength 10:1

DIRECTIONS: Test a small, inconspicuous area for colorfastness prior to use. Apply properly diluted product to surface. If necessary, agitate with a soft brush or clean terry cloth towel. Using a fresh towel, absorb the excess product until surface is dry to the touch. For continuous use, mix concentrate and water in a bucket. Using a brush or towel, scoop out foam and clean desired area.

PROFESSIONAL TIPS: To quickly clean floor mats, spray properly diluted product over entire mat, agitate heavily soiled areas with a brush, rinse with high pressure stream of water, vacuum excess with a wet/dry vacuum and hang dry. Use a foaming sprayer tip and Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner to clean hard to reach areas such as door jambs. Rinse thoroughly with water.