Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Review: Rupes Wheel Fast Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-13, 07:46 AM
Bryan@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Review: Rupes Wheel Fast Cleaner

After a rainy week in Florida I decided I need to clean the wheels on my 2014 Subaru BRZ. Rupes is generally known for their polishers and polishes but as any other successful company they are expanding their line up with other great products. Since there newest addition to their line is the Rupes Wheel Fast Cleaner I decided to put it to the test.

When I sprayed the cleaner onto the wheel it had a tolerable smell compared to other wheel cleaners. I noticed as soon as it came into contact with the wheel it started it color changing effect to let you know it was loosing up the brake dust and other dirt that were on the wheel.

To get in between all the tight spokes and reach the back of the wheel I used a Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush since the non abrasive bristles would loosen any dirt that might still caked on the wheel. For the face the wheel I used an 8 inch Montana Original Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush. Before I used the wheel detailing tools mentioned above I let the Rupes Wheel Fast Cleaner dwell on the surface. When I came back to wheel I noticed it had cleaned the wheel and left very little dirt behind. After agitating and rinsing what little dirt was left it was time to dry the wheel. To dry the wheel I used a Microfiber All Purpose & Wheel Detailing Towel after the wheel was wiped I very impressed with the results I got I can say this is a must try product. Once again another solid product from Rupes.

Rupes Wheel Fast Cleaner

Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush

8 inch Montana Original Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush
Old 11-25-13, 04:42 PM
Piraiba
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a good product.

I read the description and it says it easily removed "caked on" brake dust. Not to start anything negative here, but I have tried probably over 10 wheel cleaners by now and have worked with some of the most popular ones almost daily (P21S, Sonax, etc.) and although they are great maintenance wheel cleaners, none of them can really remove brake dust that has sat untouched on the wheel for long periods of time (1yr +). Is this product any different?
Old 11-25-13, 04:55 PM
mnewxcv
Lead Lap

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Piraiba
Looks like a good product.

I read the description and it says it easily removed "caked on" brake dust. Not to start anything negative here, but I have tried probably over 10 wheel cleaners by now and have worked with some of the most popular ones almost daily (P21S, Sonax, etc.) and although they are great maintenance wheel cleaners, none of them can really remove brake dust that has sat untouched on the wheel for long periods of time (1yr +). Is this product any different?
looks like its comparable to sonax. wondering the price difference? for caked on 1 yr brake dust, iron x should work. little harsher on raw metal(wheel weights/brake calipers) but try the paste(gel) version and apply with a pad.
Old 11-25-13, 05:09 PM
Piraiba
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewxcv
looks like its comparable to sonax. wondering the price difference? for caked on 1 yr brake dust, iron x should work. little harsher on raw metal(wheel weights/brake calipers) but try the paste(gel) version and apply with a pad.
Yes, I agree. Iron X definitely works well. However, during winters all of our washing is done indoors and using IronX (even the new LemonScent version) is not ideal.