Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Proper way to wash 2014 IS 350 F-Sport Rims and Clear Bra question

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-13, 04:53 PM
shreddog
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
opti coating your wheels IMO should be done with the wheels off, so that you can hit the barrels and behind the spokes, but it can be done with the wheels on, you just won't be able to get in there like you should.
That makes sense...just read the description on Opti-Coat and it seems like a semi-professional product (i.e. not easy to apply correctly). Given this and that I probably would want to make sure I cover every nook and cranny on the wheels, does anyone know of any reputable detailers in the NYC area that use Opti products? ialexxx - do you know if Phil at DetailersDomain does?

Thanks everyone, this has been very enlightening!
Old 11-29-13, 09:25 PM
ialexxx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phil has done my car several times and my buddies as well. He opti coated and clear-braed my car as well. I believe Syd's been there several times and probably other members as well.
Old 11-30-13, 01:22 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by shreddog
That makes sense...just read the description on Opti-Coat and it seems like a semi-professional product (i.e. not easy to apply correctly). Given this and that I probably would want to make sure I cover every nook and cranny on the wheels, does anyone know of any reputable detailers in the NYC area that use Opti products? ialexxx - do you know if Phil at DetailersDomain does?

Thanks everyone, this has been very enlightening!
Detailers Domain... 55 Oak St. Norwood NJ, that address will be on my brain forever. Phil is The Man to see about all your detailing needs. yes, he does the OC thing. Phil and i went through several coatings on 3 of my cars before we agreed on OC 2.0, let's just say i never looked back. Great bunch of guys at DD, i would highly recommend you pay them a visit.:thumb up: he applied OC 2.0 on my LS in april and i have no scratches or swirls in my paint ( well i have 1 but it can't be seen by the naked eye, only i know where it is ). makes washing my car ( with optimum products of course ) so much easier, the only time i encounter dirt on the wash media is when i do the rear bumper and the lower half of the doors. OC 2.0 lives up to it's name if applied properly and maintained properly.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 11-30-13 at 01:28 PM.