Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

LUSTR Detailing: Paint Correction, Clear Bra, and 22PLE

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-14, 06:43 AM
Autoplak
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Looks great!

Here are the basics of what I stated for 22ple vs. OC:

22ple provides amazing levels of gloss and protection and offers around 2 years of durability. This product leaves a smooth finish on the paint, and just looks stunning.

Opti-Coat's claim to fame is its durability. While it also provides exceptional protection, it can last many more years (with proper maintenance). This product does not appear as glossy as the silica coatings (negligible difference really) and certainly does not leave a slick feel after it has cured.

Most car owners who want to keep their vehicles in proper shape will have the car polished every 1-3 years as needed. Polishing the vehicle will remove any coating that has been applied, therefore there is no benefit to having a coating that might last 5+ years if you are going to polish it every 2 years. For this reason, I recommend a coating like 22ple for the car owner who is looking to maintain their vehicle to a high level and I recommend Opti-Coat as the better option for someone who is simply looking to have their vehicle protected and does not plan on worrying about having it polished regularly.

Hope that helps

-Zach
Thank you Zach,
Great information.
Question, how does Liquid Glass rate? It has a strong following and reading what I can, it applies and lasts the same.
I have a unopened can of Liquid Glass (not used yet-cold and snow), however from this, I'm about to pull the trigger on 22ple.
From an admitted novice.
Old 03-04-14, 08:35 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Autoplak
Thank you Zach,
Great information.
Question, how does Liquid Glass rate? It has a strong following and reading what I can, it applies and lasts the same.
I have a unopened can of Liquid Glass (not used yet-cold and snow), however from this, I'm about to pull the trigger on 22ple.
From an admitted novice.
I will be completely honest... as a professional, I have never heard of or seen Liquid Glass used by any other premium detailer. I have no personal experience with it, nor do I plan to use it in the future. From what I understand, the product has been around for a very long time and has been unchanged in quite some time. It is a cleaner wax, and is simply outdated technology in my opinion. It is not remotely close to the nanocoatings that are on the market today, and therefore no comparison to something like 22ple or CQuartz.
Old 03-04-14, 10:14 AM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Great work.... Still shocked at all the scratches on this brand new car... Now its perfect...
It had swirls when it left the dealership and I know that my wash methods are not perfect so I am guilty of putting more on the car. It's just what happens to black cars and obsidian Lexus paint especially.