Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Scratches everywhere

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-14, 12:45 PM
iLub3GS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
A base or flat black should be the easiest color to match, metallic flake and reds and blues are much harder. Try getting it detailed first before you spend thousands on a repaint. In most cases the repaint won't look as good as the factory finish or be as durable unless you spend a lot of money.
Thanks bud! I'll try detailing it first and see how it looks... If I still cringe upon seeing it, I'll get a respray on afew panels... Or respray the entire car in a year or so... WHITE GS? wo0t
Originally Posted by burny
I would have target practice on their asses if I caught them doing that to one of my rides.
Time to get a pistol! I love that about Philly.
Originally Posted by GoFastTSI
Do you brush the snow off of your car or take it to car washes and use a brush?
When it snows, I just brush the soft top layer off, avoiding the paint, I been very careful. It wouldnt of been the reason of the scratches, the scratches looked like someone used a thick screwdriver like object and gashed it on my rear quarter panel, afew times at that. F'ing terrible...

Last edited by iLub3GS; 03-26-14 at 12:55 PM.