Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
Old 12-16-14, 11:47 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

Making your own wax at home?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-14, 07:26 PM
Torqueless
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing! Were you still giving out samples to try? Ive been a die hard cg user but wouldnt mind trying a homemade wax
Old 10-13-14, 05:25 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 201 Likes on 149 Posts

Yea, after seeing the pictures and wishing water would work like that on my car...I want a sample (enough to do my whole car at least once), I would be all over it.

Looking for something to possibly hold out through the winter....Looks epic...

I'm in CT...I'll send you a PM...
Old 10-16-14, 09:05 PM
pewterss
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PuReChaos
Its been forever since I've visited the detail forum... With the drought in California.. I've definitely give very little attention to my ES. Decided to finally give it some attention. Its been maybe 2+ months since Pewterss has sent me Knight Armor #21. And I must say this stuff has held up really well. Anyways, I lacked photos posted last time and fear they might be lost at this point, however, here are some are two photos showing off KnightArmor #21! Thanks again Pewterss, even after letting it sit for a long time it still was like butter coming off. Theres no rain in the future so unfortunately no beading pictures.

Hey Chaos,

Nice pics and glad you enjoyed it, and yes when you want rain it never comes. I had just finished waxing my camaro like a day before the rain and was like screw it, out you go. Your car looks good and form33 is even better than 21. I will have to send you a bottle

Along with the a few others. Thanks for posting and if you ever get more would love to see em.
Old 10-16-14, 09:06 PM
pewterss
Driver

Originally Posted by Torqueless
Amazing! Were you still giving out samples to try? Ive been a die hard cg user but wouldnt mind trying a homemade wax
Originally Posted by DavidinCT
Yea, after seeing the pictures and wishing water would work like that on my car...I want a sample (enough to do my whole car at least once), I would be all over it.

Looking for something to possibly hold out through the winter....Looks epic...

I'm in CT...I'll send you a PM...
I think I can hook you guys up.... will check PM's in a few.
Old 11-08-14, 04:26 PM
kilroy45
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got to test out my free sample...and WOW! I really love this stuff, when this runs out id love to have more its very nice...by far the nicest wax ive used on my vehicles yet, havent been able to see it in the full on rain for water beading yet but theres a thunderstorm coming in nxt few days so ill update then as well. Thanks again for sending me a sample of a GREAT product pewterss!
Old 11-08-14, 04:27 PM
kilroy45
Driver School Candidate

Old 11-08-14, 04:28 PM
kilroy45
Driver School Candidate

Old 11-10-14, 09:47 PM
pewterss
Driver

Originally Posted by kilroy45
Got to test out my free sample...and WOW! I really love this stuff, when this runs out id love to have more its very nice...by far the nicest wax ive used on my vehicles yet, havent been able to see it in the full on rain for water beading yet but theres a thunderstorm coming in nxt few days so ill update then as well. Thanks again for sending me a sample of a GREAT product pewterss!
Thanks Kilroy for the nice comments and review. Looking forward to more pics and in the rain
Old 01-25-15, 08:02 AM
pewterss
Driver

So I took some time off from this as I was busy creating the official name and getting it trademarked. Now that this is all done I focused some more time on newer formulations. Unfort because the east coast is so damn cold, I can't really test it out in the heat. But as you can see from the below the water beading is the best I have seen yet. Sheeting action worked amazingly but you really can't see pics of that. Hopefully I can get a video up sometime soon. In these versions of the wax the wax contact is much higher, the wax is a bit harder but definitely easy on and easy off, at least in the cold weather.

Old 01-25-15, 11:18 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I would like a sample if your still giving them out. I had no idea what this thread was about until now lol. Very impressive you have developed your own wax.
Old 01-26-15, 12:11 AM
pewterss
Driver

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I would like a sample if your still giving them out. I had no idea what this thread was about until now lol. Very impressive you have developed your own wax.
Shoot me a pm with all your info, name, addy, phn nmbr...etc. I am done with samples but may be able to get one more out if I have another sample bottle available.
Old 01-26-15, 12:14 AM
pewterss
Driver

Now this one is on my starfire pearl..

Old 08-25-15, 12:32 AM
pewterss
Driver

Been sometime since I posted here and wanted to say hi to everyone again. So the product has come a long way and have developed some better formulas. I did take a long break however due to a death in the family. Now aside from that the company's name has officially been trademarked. So that is quite exciting, but there is always a but. Another rather large company has objected to the name and wants me to change the name. Long story but I would love to hear back from the individuals that purchased a bottle (sample shipping), or received one for fee completely. And if you have pictures I would love to see them so I can showcase them on the website.

Looking forward to hearing from all,
Ciao for now.
Old 08-27-15, 02:32 AM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

How long does it last? And does it protect against the suns UV?
Old 08-27-15, 02:20 PM
pewterss
Driver

Great question, even though some of the polymers in the wax do protect against UV is there not enough for me to say yes to that question. Besides even the thin layers you would apply wouldn't;t suffice as a UV blocker. So my answer is no. The product will though enhance the deep gloss, water repelling and dust/dirt really well. If you visit my website there are some pics already posted. Looking to add more pics soon.

Quick Reply: Making your own wax at home?