Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
Old 12-16-14, 11:47 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

Making your own wax at home?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-15, 03:28 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

responded to PM... thanks
Old 09-01-15, 07:03 PM
adpock
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Page News!

This definitely seems like a How-To Tuesday topic...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...x-at-home.html
Old 09-02-15, 03:44 AM
wickedtaco
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Pewterss, very interesting thread. What's your website? I'm interested in applying your wax to to my rides. Good luck.
Old 09-03-15, 11:01 AM
pewterss
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 09-03-15 at 02:53 PM. Reason: website removed - not forum sponsor - please keep promotions out of public forum, thanks! :)
Old 09-12-15, 11:30 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow all I have to say this wax by pewterss is amazing let me start by saying it goes on so smoothly and comes of even better like your dusting Oh and by the way it smell good too
Attached Thumbnails Making your own wax at home?-unnamed.jpg   Making your own wax at home?-unnamed-5.jpg   Making your own wax at home?-unnamed-6.jpg   Making your own wax at home?-unnamed-3.jpg   Making your own wax at home?-unnamed-4.jpg  

Old 09-12-15, 11:32 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Thanks again John simply amazing work
Attached Thumbnails Making your own wax at home?-unnamed-1.jpg   Making your own wax at home?-unnamed-2.jpg   Making your own wax at home?-unnamed-7.jpg  
Old 09-12-15, 12:03 PM
pewterss
Driver

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Thanks again John simply amazing work
Hi Will, thanks for the comments/review and glad you enjoyed it. Car looks great. I bet you can't wait till it rains now, lol. Almost like a bitter sweetness... if you have a waffle weave towel, a few wipes though in the garage and the car will be nice and dry. If you have an questions you know where to find me, ciao for now and again, thanks.

John
Old 09-13-15, 12:16 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Got my sample last week... thanks again.....
Old 09-15-15, 06:51 AM
pewterss
Driver

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Got my sample last week... thanks again.....
Awesome, looking forward to hearing from you and seeing some pics Talk soon.

John
Old 09-25-15, 08:36 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I got my sample on the 23rd. I washed my car last night and due to time, I only waxed a small area of the car in my garage. Not the greatest lit area, but it was really easy to apply and came off with a mf towel pretty easily and left the surface pretty slick. Oh, and it smell's fantastic!
I didn't take any photos but I will rewash the car this weekend, wax it and take some photos!
Can wait!
Thanks again, John!
Old 09-28-15, 01:36 AM
pewterss
Driver

Originally Posted by CRowe14
I got my sample on the 23rd. I washed my car last night and due to time, I only waxed a small area of the car in my garage. Not the greatest lit area, but it was really easy to apply and came off with a mf towel pretty easily and left the surface pretty slick. Oh, and it smell's fantastic!
I didn't take any photos but I will rewash the car this weekend, wax it and take some photos!
Can wait!
Thanks again, John!
Anytime buddy, enjoy. Looking forward to some pics.
Old 10-01-15, 12:31 AM
Knightarmr
Former Sponsor

Hi guys,

I have officially become a sponsor on these forums. I started out here more than a year ago and would like to show my appreciation for CL and for everyone's comments and feedback on samples that were mailed out. Have been on these forums for quite some time, even before this new adventure began. Pictures that were sent to me via email, I will post here or in an album under this new name. If you have new pictures please email them to me at john@knightarmorwax.com and I will post them on my site, club lexus and FB with your permission of course. It's been fun, will post a little later today. Ciao for now.

John
Old 10-11-15, 01:38 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Washed and waxed with Knight Armor Wax

Went on great and came off pretty easy.
I think I should have done an area then removed wax instead of doing an entire side then removing, as it was a bit more difficult to remove.
Other than that, the car shines great!
Still have some swirling to take car of with a more in depth detail job, but wanted to show thanks for the sample!
Thanks John!
Attached Thumbnails Making your own wax at home?-imag1822.jpg   Making your own wax at home?-imag1823.jpg   Making your own wax at home?-imag1827.jpg  
Old 10-27-15, 04:40 AM
Knightarmr
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Went on great and came off pretty easy.
I think I should have done an area then removed wax instead of doing an entire side then removing, as it was a bit more difficult to remove.
Other than that, the car shines great!
Still have some swirling to take car of with a more in depth detail job, but wanted to show thanks for the sample!
Thanks John!
Hey Buddy, thanks for the post to this and thanks for the pics. The car looks amazing.
Old 10-28-15, 07:13 AM
gabzor
Pole Position

Hey John, randomly stumbled upon this searching Google, was thinking this guy can't be serious, and once I saw the samples, I was like hmm I wonder if he'll ever good as the big manufactures..

Congrats on making a hobby a profit, I think that would make me quite profound in life, as that's one of my dreams.. so basically, congrats on your startup! And love the name

Just read the whole thread at once from start to finish and was pleasantly surprised

I'm a pretty regular user of collinite, and I do detail quite a few cars for hobby, but just wondering, how does the durability of your product last in the east coast? (I'm in southern california) and how is it against attracting dust? (my #1 problem with collinite)

The product looks great btw! And just curious, what was your favorite product before making your own?
Best of wishes!

Quick Reply: Making your own wax at home?