Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

CarPro HydrO2... buy it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-15, 02:17 PM
gebo
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

That may take care of some of the "streaking" people have talked about? Are you gonna keep doing the 1:3?

I just ordered my 500 ml bottle and looking forward to some fun.....
Old 09-13-15, 03:14 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by gebo
That may take care of some of the "streaking" people have talked about? Are you gonna keep doing the 1:3?

I just ordered my 500 ml bottle and looking forward to some fun.....
Exactly the reason why the dilution was adjusted. After some testing, CarPro discovered that a 4:1 dilution still yielded 3+ months of durability while making the solution easier to use. Many consumers made a habit of over applying the solution which contributed to some of the issues that people had with the 3:1 mixture, so the 4:1 should be better to work with.

Some professionals mentioned that they use it at 6:1 for routine maintenance and still see great durability out of it.

-Zach
Old 09-14-15, 11:38 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I'll definitely try out the new ratio. I still, on occasion, have problems with it streaking. The other day I mixed some up, and did both my IS and my RX from the same mixture. The IS turned out perfect, the RX has streaks. Ugh.
Old 01-12-16, 07:37 PM
veez81
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

hi zach, carpro's website says 30ml of concentrate is needed for a standard 4 door car. using the new 4:1 ratio, that means 30ml hydro2 and 120ml distilled water. so, for a whole car, we're only using about 5oz of fluid? is this correct?
Old 01-12-16, 07:58 PM
veez81
Intermediate

is there a spray bottle you suggest? i have the 32oz chemical guys spray bottle but i suspect that'll be too big. do i need to get a chemical resistant one? does the solution have issues being misted through regular spray bottles?
Old 01-13-16, 06:27 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by JDR76
I'll definitely try out the new ratio. I still, on occasion, have problems with it streaking. The other day I mixed some up, and did both my IS and my RX from the same mixture. The IS turned out perfect, the RX has streaks. Ugh.
I've unfortunately experienced that as well from time to time... can definitely be annoying.

Originally Posted by jvm0685
hi zach, carpro's website says 30ml of concentrate is needed for a standard 4 door car. using the new 4:1 ratio, that means 30ml hydro2 and 120ml distilled water. so, for a whole car, we're only using about 5oz of fluid? is this correct?
Yes! You need very, very little product All you need is a light mist onto the panel... the video in the original post is very much over applying the product, but it was all I could find at the time to show how the product worked.

Originally Posted by jvm0685
is there a spray bottle you suggest? i have the 32oz chemical guys spray bottle but i suspect that'll be too big. do i need to get a chemical resistant one? does the solution have issues being misted through regular spray bottles?
I use this 8oz spray bottle and it works great for me... I've had the same one for about 2 years now and it still makes a nice fine mist.

... you can probably find small bottles like that in the cleaning aisle of some department stores, too.
Old 01-14-16, 05:59 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

I only get streaking with Hydro if you don't rinse it off in time and/or if you take too long to blow dry it. Switched to the 8hp Metrovac which significantly speeds up drying time, but even with this, you'll occasionally get streaking on glass,etc. Luckily the streaking wipes right off so I never seen this as a big issue. Great product.
Old 01-16-16, 01:53 PM
veez81
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
I've unfortunately experienced that as well from time to time... can definitely be annoying.

Yes! You need very, very little product All you need is a light mist onto the panel... the video in the original post is very much over applying the product, but it was all I could find at the time to show how the product worked.

I use this 8oz spray bottle and it works great for me... I've had the same one for about 2 years now and it still makes a nice fine mist.

... you can probably find small bottles like that in the cleaning aisle of some department stores, too.
great! thanks for the help, zach. one more question, i just got xpel ultimate installed on my car. i'm going to wait a week before i use the hydro2 on it. do you know if there's any issues using hydro2 on top of xpel ultimate? xpel's webpage said that any sealant/wax can be used on their product, but i wanted to get your input to be safe haha
Old 01-17-16, 03:03 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

No issues at all using HydrO2 over Xpel! go for it.

-Zach
Old 03-17-16, 04:11 PM
Nospinzone

Received 419 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
[ You can't go wrong with either HydrO2 or Reload for quick and easy protection... the benefit to HydrO2 is that you can apply it to the entire car in just a few minutes without any additional tools/towels during the wash process. I personally use HydrO2 most on my wheels, and prefer Reload on my paint.
Hi Zach, I'm getting ready to put in an order on Detailed Image to take advantage of their 25% off spring sale. From reading the reviews and application procedures, I would prefer to buy Reload. However, I would like to use it on my wheels. I notice from the quote above you use HydrO2. Is there any issue with using Reload for my wheels as well?

Also, as a follow up, before I read about HydrO2 and Reload, I was going to buy 22ple VM1 Extreme Rim and Metal Coating. Do you have any recommendation of one over the other? Apparently the 22ple product lasts longer, but other than longevity is one better than the other?
Old 03-18-16, 03:18 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

22ple VM1 is a completely different class of product and not really comparable to HydrO2 or Reload.

HydrO2 and Reload are silica based sealants which last a few months in most applications.

22ple VM1 Extreme is a coating which will last years in most situations while also being more chemical resistant and considerably thicker than a traditional wax or sealant.

Comparing Reload vs HydrO2, I greatly prefer HydrO2 for wheels but prefer Reload for paint... actually I don't use Reload much any more. I started using 22ple VS1 Final Coat which is their silica based spray sealant.

Let me know if you've got any other questions.

-Zach
Old 03-18-16, 05:12 PM
Nospinzone

Thanks Zach, you got your answer in just under the wire. The sale ends tonight!

I'm going to go with the 22ple VM1 Extreme Rim and Metal Coating for my wheels. I'll get the Reload for the paint.

I had ordered the 22ple VS1 Final Coat to apply after I used the 22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coat and it did not work at all on either my LS or 612. I had a terrible time trying to apply it and then get it off. I consulted with Adam at Detailed Image and in the end he credited me with the VS1 purchase (excellent customer service, that's why I'm a confirmed customer).

If you pick this up in time, what quick detailer do you recommend after a gentle wash?
Old 03-18-16, 05:34 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Thanks Zach, you got your answer in just under the wire. The sale ends tonight!

I'm going to go with the 22ple VM1 Extreme Rim and Metal Coating for my wheels. I'll get the Reload for the paint.

I had ordered the 22ple VS1 Final Coat to apply after I used the 22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coat and it did not work at all on either my LS or 612. I had a terrible time trying to apply it and then get it off. I consulted with Adam at Detailed Image and in the end he credited me with the VS1 purchase (excellent customer service, that's why I'm a confirmed customer).

If you pick this up in time, what quick detailer do you recommend after a gentle wash?
I use Meguiar's D156 after almost every wash. LOVE that stuff.

I'll try to make a video on VS1 in the future. The key is to use very little product and it is an absolute breeze to apply. Just a word of warning, Reload can also be very finicky to apply if used incorrectly. You also need very little product. Excess product usually results in smearing or streaking that can be a real pain to wipe off.

-Zach
Old 03-18-16, 05:45 PM
Nospinzone

I see D155 on DI, but I don't see D156.

I know I used very, very little VS1. I know when I used the VX3 Signature I had more left in the bottle than the expected amount.
Old 03-18-16, 06:12 PM
Nospinzone

Never mind, I found it. I wasn't looking for a one gallon jug.

Thanks for all the help Zach!

Quick Reply: CarPro HydrO2... buy it!