Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How do you remove/clean speaker covers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-03, 06:23 PM
archi1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you remove/clean speaker covers?

My GS has black scuffs on the front speaker covers in the door panels. I tried pulling one off but was afraid I would break something. How do these come off? I'd like to wash them and put them back on.
Also, what is recommended for cleaning these and other fabrics that are stained? Can I just use resolve or something like that?
Thanks
Old 02-15-03, 07:36 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if GS grills are held the same way as my LS (most likely), then you don't wanna take them out. Use TuffStuff to clean just make sure you don't get it on your speakers. You can find TuffStuuf at your local pep boys.
Old 02-17-03, 08:56 AM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Use one of the "Dry Clean" aerosols availabe at Auto Stores, like Blue Coral Dri-Clean Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, or a product like 303 Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover (Get this at marine stores).

Dampen a coarse cloth or sponge with the product and rub gently, but briskly to remove soil. Immediately wipe away remaining foam with a clean, dry cloth. After drying, vacuum away any residue.

This would, of course, be best done with the grill cloth removed from the door, if that's possible. How do you do that? You'll have to post that question in the GS forum or Electronics forum. Perhaps that info has already been posted on CL and a search will yield the answer.