Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Which microfiber towels for dark colored car ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-14, 10:22 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which microfiber towels for dark colored car ?

I have been using microfiber towels from auto zone and they are decent but am looking for something higher quality. My car is black and I clean it 3-4 days a week. I am trying to keep swirls to a minimum of course. I will use these mostly for drying up water runoff, cleaning the door jams, removing wax and polish, etc. I do not mind using the cheaper towels for my interior and wheels tho. So for those of you with black or any dark paint, what have you found to be the best ?
Old 06-04-14, 11:00 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

If you think AZ towels are 'decent' then you will be blown away by truly premium microfiber towels.

I recommend the following towels for the following applications:

- Waffle Weave Towel - Use this towel for drying your vehicle after washing
- Black & Yellow Towel - Use this towel for removing polish, wax, and even quick detailers if you prefer
- ReThickulous Towel - Use this ultra plush towel for quick detail sprays, spray waxes, etc.
- Black All Purpose Towel - Use this towel for dirtier areas such as wheels, exhaust tips, etc. Great because it does not look ruined if it gets stained by excessive dirt.

Don't forget to pickup some MicroRestore Microfiber Detergent to clean your towels afterwards and keep them soft for a very long time. (do not use fabric softener when washing or drying micrfiber!)

Premium microfiber is one of the most important tools in the detailer's arsenal of products. It may seem like a sizeable investment for "just some towels", but it is a very crucial piece of equipment. Imagine how upset you would be if you spent an entire weekend cleaning and detailing your vehicle only to end up marring your paint with sub-par microfiber after your next wash... not fun! I store my microfiber towels in sealed plastic bins/totes to protect them from contamination while they are not in use.

- Zach
Old 06-04-14, 11:20 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

You wash your car 3-4 times a week??? Do you work or have kids??
Old 06-04-14, 03:48 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

I use my car for work plus have a gravel driveway
Old 06-04-14, 06:56 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Junkman found a site for MF towels... Forgot the name of the site.
Old 06-04-14, 07:00 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I use the rethikulous towels for washing and WW towels for drying and applying my QD.
Old 06-06-14, 11:32 AM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I use Cobra Super Plush Deluxe purple towels for drying paint, applying QD, and wiping off waxes.
Old 06-07-14, 06:10 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

I used a 20 off of 50 advanced auto parts coupon and got a few packs of griots garage towels and a mothers clay bar kit. Used the wax remover towel last night on my hood as well as the speed shine towels for final wipedown. They were ok but not worth the money imo. After discount I paid $10.81 for each 3 pack of towels. i will probably continue to use the wax removal towels but what I really need is a good set of towels to wipe off compound. I have yet to try a towel that I like for that .I know some people like the cobra towels but they are very pricey and get mixed reviews. I was thinking about maybe trying some Chemical guys towels next.