Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What cleaner do you use to clean your leather

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-05, 11:50 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Lexol but found it to be too greasy. It really feeds the hide, but you have to let it sit and then make sure you wipe off the excess. I don't like the smell to much either.

I love Zainos cleaner and conditioner. It cleans really well and that conditioner brings back that new car leather smell. It goes on and you forget about it.......great stuff.
Old 08-24-05, 01:13 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by superpocky
What cleaner do you use to wash your lether seats? I'v heard of Imperial Leather cleaners... Has anyone use this product? Any comments on it?

Thanks!
One word Leatherique.
Old 08-25-05, 07:12 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I am all in for Leatherique as well......but this looks like a Z thread since all of the Z threads from years ago are being brought back to life I feel like there has been another Zealot sighting.
Old 08-25-05, 08:54 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OutlawTita
I am all in for Leatherique as well......but this looks like a Z thread since all of the Z threads from years ago are being brought back to life I feel like there has been another Zealot sighting.
Are you referring to me?
Old 08-25-05, 03:15 PM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I've used quite a few cleaners and conditioners and I like several. I have to say that the stuff sold by Lexus is excellent. Lexol is good too. I actually prefer Meguiar's Medallion Leather Cleaner/Conditioner but that has been dropped due to the EPA VOC regulations. I believe it is still available in some stores.
Old 08-25-05, 04:47 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm using Lexol wipes for cleaning & conditioning the seats in my car, and I must say that this cuts down the time on doing the interior job by almost half compared to the liquid application method from Meguiar's (my previous leather cleaning choice). Lexol still does a fantastic job on keeping the Lexus seats squeaky clean, although the odor from the chemicals is rather strong
Old 08-26-05, 04:51 AM
superpats
Lexus Test Driver

Its good and its cheap. Sewell lexus sells it for $5.59 a bottle. Conditioner is $6.39. The easy spary top is a very nice feature too. It doesn't clog up like Meguiars
Old 08-26-05, 06:24 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusk8
I'm using Lexol wipes for cleaning & conditioning the seats in my car, and I must say that this cuts down the time on doing the interior job by almost half compared to the liquid application method from Meguiar's (my previous leather cleaning choice). Lexol still does a fantastic job on keeping the Lexus seats squeaky clean, although the odor from the chemicals is rather strong
I used these as well. They worked great in a pinch. I just ended up using too many too quickely.
Old 08-26-05, 06:25 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by superpats

Its good and its cheap. Sewell lexus sells it for $5.59 a bottle. Conditioner is $6.39. The easy spary top is a very nice feature too. It doesn't clog up like Meguiars
Hmmm...I'm going to have to try some of this.
Old 08-26-05, 08:23 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Leatherique works great
Old 08-27-05, 07:36 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

A number of people have been raving about Zaino Z10. I received a bottle of it yesterday and used it on my cars. The claims are that it smells just like leather and is wonderful. My opinion is that it does have a smell but not really leather. I wonder what these people are smoking. Maybe their cows smell different than the ones that donated their hides for my cars or perhaps they have been drinking too much of Sal Zaino's lemonade.
Old 08-31-05, 05:49 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

I asked my leather supplier today and their recco was for a saddle soap, I forget the brand as once I heard rinse it all went into the mental circular file.

Lexol cleaner IMO is okay for light stuff but the tough stuff, you'll need to really scrub. I like the conditioner though you do have to buff the seat after it absorbs a bit. It isn't greasy the way I do it. Wipe it on, let it set for a few minutes then wipe the seats with a dry towel to remove the excess then let it set a bit more.

I'm not heavy handed spraying the conditioner...just enough to see that it is leaving some on the seats.
Old 09-01-05, 11:11 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner on my seats. It works good for me. I use the cleaner as directed on the bottle. A little bit of water and the cleaner. Scrub the dirt out. Wipe down. Spray a little conditioner on the seat and more on a towel. Rub in really well. Let sit for a while. Wipe off excess, then let sit again for a bit. However I HATE the smell of the Lexol conditioner.

My leather in my opinion looks really good. I condition it just about every week(EVerytime I wash my car).
Old 09-03-05, 08:11 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

Zaino Z-10 "Leather in a Bottle" is the best I have tried. Honestly tried about a dozen of these. Hate Lexol...just not effective at cleaning.
Old 09-08-05, 11:38 AM
DJKLEX
Rookie

Originally Posted by yESman
Zaino Z-10 "Leather in a Bottle" is the best I have tried. Honestly tried about a dozen of these. Hate Lexol...just not effective at cleaning.
I agree with you that Lexol cleaner is waste of time and money. Dont even buy that stuff, it doesn't work at all.!