Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What cleaner do you use to clean your leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-01, 07:00 AM
superpocky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

What cleaner do you use to wash your lether seats? I'v heard of Imperial Leather cleaners... Has anyone use this product? Any comments on it?

Thanks!
Old 03-21-01, 07:30 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

I have never heard about that type of leather cleaner, bu that certianly does not meant that it isn't any good. What I am currently using is a brand that is available over the internet (I believe it is exclusively available online) called Zaino. They have many products for car care and I have used their polish and "leather in a bottle". It works great and also has a good leather smell.
Old 03-21-01, 08:59 AM
MyBabyGS3
Driver

i use Lexol leather cleaner and leather conditioner. I haven't tried anything else so I can't compare it to anything else, but it does a great job and it smells just like leather!
Old 03-21-01, 09:03 AM
chowder
Driver

I concur: Lexol leather products are the gold standard.
Old 03-21-01, 12:14 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Both R Excellent!

SP - I've used both Zaino & Lexol & find that both are equally excellent! Meguiars isn't too bad if U can't find the others.
Old 03-21-01, 12:57 PM
superpocky
Driver School Candidate

Question Follow-up question about Lexol conditioner

Does the Lexol conditioner make leather look and feel glossy? I've heard from some people that a lot of conditioners do that.
Old 03-21-01, 01:06 PM
theanimala
Lead Lap

Never used Lexol, but I purchased Armor-All brand leather cleaner / conditioner and it seems to work really well. My leather is kept clean, and feels very nice and soft when I am done with it. I wonder how much of a difference there is in these products?
Old 03-21-01, 03:12 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

Like superpocky said, I also would like to know whether or not the above products would leave a glossy resisdue. I have used the Zaino Bros car care polishes since I have owned my last car and I have found that they work the best, but I have never tried the leather cleaner.
Old 03-21-01, 05:16 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

I use Meguiar's GOLD GLASS leather cleaner & conditioner. Its working great so far!
Old 03-21-01, 06:02 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Ok, Please don't give me sh...... for telling you guys this, but the leather cleaner that COACH purse products use are definitely pretty good for cleaning your leather seats. How do I know this? Well, let's just say that my wife doesn't know about this......

You can also try the fine furniture store that sells high quality leather chair.

Old 03-21-01, 06:30 PM
LexusLady
Pole Position

I use Zaino Leather products, and this is the second car that I've used it on, and I've been pretty satisfied. I don't like the Lexus product though. It smells like coconut, and that reminds me of a barbershop. And I have no idea why!!!!!

C.
Old 03-22-01, 12:50 AM
iWashDishes

Default Wow!

Whether it's Bimmer.org or ClubLexus...a majority of folks seem to sway towards Zainol for all their car leather care needs. I've been using Zymol's leather cleaner for the past 2 years now and not only does the leather look new, it also feels new! So, what you may want to do at this point is compare and contrast the 3 major leather cleaners (Zainol, Lexol and Zymol) on your car and choose the one that best fits your standards. Zymol is internet only as well as Zainol as LexRX foresaid but I'm not too sure about Lexol...maybe someone more in the know could enlighten us. Good luck.
Old 03-22-01, 05:11 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

Meguiars "Gold Class" line of products! Including leather cleaner/conditioner.
Old 03-22-01, 08:18 AM
superpocky
Driver School Candidate

Default I'm going to give Zaino a try!

Thanks for all the feedbacks! I'm goint to try out Zaino and let you guys know what I think about it. By the way how often do you clean your lether seats? Personally I don't think I need to do it too often since I keep my car extra clean. I know someone who has a car with leather seats and never cleans it. The seats are really slippery and I think it's nasty.
Old 03-22-01, 08:54 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

know what you mean about the slippery leather seats, I don't like it either. It scares me...lol I don't clean my seats too often since they are new, still have the new car smell and, like you, my car stays real clean. When summer comes around and the sun starts beating into the cabin of my RX then i'll probably treat the seats. The front only thought - the back has the window tint and isn't sat in very much.

Quick Reply: What cleaner do you use to clean your leather