Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Best car wash soap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-03, 08:32 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best car wash soap?

right now i'm using zymol. i'm looking for something with a little wax or something in the soap that will make my car more shiny after i wash it? any good brand names?
Old 02-24-03, 06:27 AM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lately, I've been using Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo. I got a good deal on it at Target. I comes in pint, half gallon and gallon sizes. Smells great. Great suds and it rinses clean with sheeting action. For a carnauba waxed car, it's a fine product.

Many people use the shampoo made by the same company as the sealant or wax they use.

Most car wash products that mention that they don't strip wax will do the job. Even ZipWax leaves a shiny finish.

I use S100 or P21S wax. They make a highly regarded car shampoo, P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo. But at $9 per pint, it's not too easy to find except online.

Just remember that no car wash (even one that calims to have wax) will provide any sort of real protection against the elements. Shine does not necessarily mean protection. If you're looking to save time, but need some sort of sealant/wax, try Eagle One WET Wax As-U-Dry. It's available at most auto stores.
http://www.eagleone.com/products/pro...asp?catid=5002
Old 02-24-03, 10:55 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Daddy-O
Lately, I've been using Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo. I got a good deal on it at Target. I comes in pint, half gallon and gallon sizes. Smells great. Great suds and it rinses clean with sheeting action. For a carnauba waxed car, it's a fine product.

Many people use the shampoo made by the same company as the sealant or wax they use.

Most car wash products that mention that they don't strip wax will do the job. Even ZipWax leaves a shiny finish.

I use S100 or P21S wax. They make a highly regarded car shampoo, P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo. But at $9 per pint, it's not too easy to find except online.

Just remember that no car wash (even one that calims to have wax) will provide any sort of real protection against the elements. Shine does not necessarily mean protection. If you're looking to save time, but need some sort of sealant/wax, try Eagle One WET Wax As-U-Dry. It's available at most auto stores.
http://www.eagleone.com/products/pro...asp?catid=5002
thanks, i'll give that a try