Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Aristo Coilover Identification.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-14, 12:43 AM
1eightySX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aristo Coilover Identification.

A little over a year and a half ago, I imported a 98 Aristo and all was right in the world. The car came with some pretty reputable parts and it seemed to be well maintained. At the time I just assumed the coilovers were HKS something or other and went on my merry way. Fast forward to present day and I'm now considering rebuilding these coilovers. Well I should be clear, I only want to save them if they're worth saving. This is my problem, I have no idea what kind of coilovers these are and in turn don't know if they should be saved.

I swear I use to be better at finding this kind of stuff.... Anyway, here's a rough photo to give you a hint. If you need anything else to ID them, just let me know.

Old 12-23-14, 08:17 AM
boostedsi
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hks coilovers will have HKS stamped in the top hats. On the springs they'll say hks. And usually at the bottoms. If there old school hks they'll be hard and expensive to source parts.
Old 12-23-14, 08:41 AM
1eightySX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that's good to know as I haven't come by any branding stamps on them so far. The Top hats don't appear to have anything on them either.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-23-14, 12:51 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know any other Japanese manufacturer that uses purple so if you imported it from Japan probably good chance it's HKS; maybe an old one.