Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Ceramic Pro 9H Paint Protection

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-15, 08:17 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by voelkel
Hey, I'm assuming that the Reload goes on after the EZ Creme? If this is the case, how long do you wait in between?
For the best durability, apply reload directly onto the paint or paint coating... Do not layer anything beneath it.

If you wish to use EZ creme beneath it, you can apply immediately after glazing.

-Zach
Old 02-06-15, 09:36 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1. Yes – I wouldn’t go as far as to say that it’s so slick that if feels wet, but it feels different than the day I first picked the car up from the dealer; far more smooth and glossy than before.

2. None of what you pointed out was present.

3. Between the options you gave, I’d say it has the “hard candy look.”

4. A little harder to tell in the sunlight, but it still appears to be the same as in #3.

5. Got it. Thank you!
Wow, that is VERY GOOD NEWS!!! Yeah, just keep monitoring how long these properties last. 2 years is generally the standard durability. However, you still have to wash your car properly every 1 or 2 weeks to keep all the contamination away. The slickness/beading/sheeting properties will diminish slowly months after months, though. That is why I prefer to use Reload to kind of freshen it up every 3 months or so but this is not necessary for a coating.
Old 02-06-15, 09:41 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey, I'm assuming that the Reload goes on after the EZ Creme? If this is the case, how long do you wait in between?
Like Zach said, Reload works best on top of bare paint or coating. I just like to POP the shine to a show car level and that is why I put EZ Creme on and then top it off with Reload. EZ Creme + Reload combo shine/gloss is just unreal. The car is literally a mirror and it hurts your eyes looking at it under the sun, I'm serious about it.

I'm still monitoring the durability of EZ Creme + Reload combo. Multiple car washes + many rainy days + crazy sun in CA do not affect it much in these 3 weeks. It is still holding strong and I'm still counting