Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
View Poll Results: What to use in between washes for more than light dust?
Mother's Quick Detailer
16.67%
Optimum Opt-Clean
16.67%
Optimum ONR as a Quick Detailer
66.67%
Ultima Waterless Wash as a Quick Detailer
0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

In between washes

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-15, 11:37 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default In between washes

I want a quick detailer in between washes. I bought the Mother's Quick detailer but I'm wondering if it i suitable or is something like Optimum Opti-clean would be better? Looks like there's more of a light coat of dust! Should I just quick rinse the car and use the Mother's?
Old 01-25-15, 01:57 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Optimum No Rinse is a fantastic product... I use it regularly as a rinseless wash when my car is covered with pollen or light dirt as I feel it is much safer than just misting and wiping down as a quick detailer... but many people do mix it at a stronger concentration as QD and use it with great results.

I have used UWW+ and it does leave a slicker finish, however it does not seem to clean nearly as well as ONR, it also has a tenancy to streak on me when used as a rinseless wash... so I stopped using it.

-Zach

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 01-25-15 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-25-15, 05:48 PM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use UWW and CG V07.
Old 01-25-15, 06:08 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Optimum No Rinse is a fantastic product... I use it regularly as a rinseless wash when my car is covered with pollen or light dirt as I feel it is much safer than just misting and wiping down as a quick detailer... but many people do mix it at a stronger concentration as QD and use it with great results.

I have used UWW+ and it does leave a slicker finish, however it does not seem to clean nearly as well as ONR, it also has a tenancy to streak on me... so I stopped using it.

-Zach
Do you think it's better than Opt-Clean?
Old 01-25-15, 06:10 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by darylrsv4
I use UWW and CG V07.
Do you have any problems with UWW as a QD?
Old 01-25-15, 06:33 PM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Glock47
What kind of problems?
Old 01-25-15, 06:40 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Do you think it's better than Opt-Clean?
I honestly have not used Opti-Clean.

UWW+ worked nicely as a QD... I keep some in my trunk just in case I get tagged by a bird or something, but I don't prefer it as a rinseless wash for the reasons mentioned above.
Old 01-26-15, 12:10 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Sounds like Opti-clean has more ploymers. I might try it first then ONR and UWW!
Old 01-26-15, 12:19 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Not sure if I was missing anything but is it proper technique to spray the car down and then quick detailing or quick detailing with the thin layer of dust on the car.

My current method is giving the car a quick wash and then quickly waxing it. After a few washes I'd go over it with a wax again
Old 01-26-15, 09:58 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
Not sure if I was missing anything but is it proper technique to spray the car down and then quick detailing or quick detailing with the thin layer of dust on the car. My current method is giving the car a quick wash and then quickly waxing it. After a few washes I'd go over it with a wax again
If it is truly just a thin layer of dust, a liberal amount of QD should provide enough lubrication to safely wipe the dust away with a premium MF towel. I wouldn't suggest spraying the car down first unless you have dionized (spotless) water system. If you're going to spray the car down, you might as well just take an extra few minutes and give it a quick wash with soap and water while you're at it.

-Zach
Old 01-27-15, 01:28 PM
rustyd
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want a quick detailer in between washes. I bought the Mother's Quick detailer but I'm wondering if it i suitable or is something like Optimum Opti-clean would be better? Looks like there's more of a light coat of dust! Should I just quick rinse the car and use the Mother's?
If its that dusty, use a waterless wash for more lubrication than a QD.
Old 01-27-15, 01:35 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

If it is truly just a thin layer of dust, a liberal amount of QD should provide enough lubrication to safely wipe the dust away with a premium MF towel. I wouldn't suggest spraying the car down first unless you have dionized (spotless) water system. If you're going to spray the car down, you might as well just take an extra few minutes and give it a quick wash with soap and water while you're at it.

-Zach
Thank you! I usually just do the the latter just to be safe.
Old 01-27-15, 07:45 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Just bought some Opti-clean, we'll see how it goes! I'll get the ONR and UWW soon! I'm starting to like this detail stuff!
Old 01-28-15, 09:17 AM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

-Zach
Have you used CG V07?
Old 01-28-15, 09:23 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by darylrsv4
Have you used CG V07?
Yep - Chemical Guys Hybrid V07 is marketed as a spray sealant. I am not sure I would trust it with any real cleaning. If you're simply doing a quick wipe down of some light dust, then you're fine. I used to use it for doing a final once over before the customer picked up the car as some dust would settle on the car while it sat in the garage... it also works great as a drying aid after maintenance washes.

Quick Reply: In between washes