Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Everything You Need to Know About Paint Coatings!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-21, 09:40 PM
LovinLexi
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
I would not consider that paint to be soft in my experience.

For Lexus, Obsidian Black is the real difficult color to live with. Most others are quite manageable in terms of maintaining them without issue and also correcting them relatively easily as needed.

My mercury metallic is quite hard actually.

Oh no... I just purchased an Obsidian Black RC 350 F Sport 9 days ago... I actually JUST posted a thread seeking some advice on pint chips and paint protection. It’s a lengthy one, or would add it here in the reply: if you get a skinny minute, would love your feedback on the issues I addressed in it. Been reading through this thread trying to unearth some answers...
Old 03-25-21, 05:30 PM
Bykfixer
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

My neighbor had some detailer come to his house to do up his burgendy Chevy about a year ago. It still looks wet.
Now I know why first off they took 3 trips to his house before finishing the job and second why his burgendy paint still looks brand new.

He never washes his truck but has the detailer come by about every so often to touch it up. It's one of those vehicles that only goes out on nice days since he has a company owned truck that does most of the travelling. His 012 chevy truck may have 5k on the odo by now.

My onyx black car has mostly highway miles at 252xxx k on the odo so the hood looks like it followed a leaking load of sand from Myrtle Beach to Manhatten. Probably not a good candidate for these products but if I ever have it corrected I know how to prevent that from happening again.
Old 08-08-23, 07:52 AM
RVH
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been hand washing/claying/polishing/waxing my cars twice a year for many years. I'm going to try the CarPro UK clearcoat. What's the best order? Do I apply the clearcoat instead of waxing or polishing or in addition to? What's the order?
  1. Hand wash
  2. Clay
  3. Polish
  4. Wax
  5. Clearcoat?
Old 12-13-23, 02:54 PM
jpt111
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default US distributor of Japanese manufactured ceramic sealants

I have used the Kamikaze line for years; Durable and easy to apply and remove. Manufactured in Japan and also available through their US distributor Esoteric detailing. https://www.esotericcarcare.com/