Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

CQuartz versus 22ple's VX Pro Glass

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-15 | 12:17 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by FSportIS
So 22ple and Cquartz UK are almost the same in many aspects. 22ple is better with ease of use and Cquartz UK has better price.
While it is true that they are similar from the fact that they are both paint coatings, I do not think it is fair to generalize and say that they are "almost the same". 22ple and CarPro are completely independent companies who do their own product development, research, and testing. While similar, their products are not the same. I do not know enough about the exact chemical make up to go into further details, however I do know that much.

This is like generalizing and saying that all waxes are "about the same". While it is true that all waxes do perform the same function, yet some are easier to apply, and some last longer, they are unique formulas that make each one different. Coatings are now becoming available from many manufacturers, and it will only continue to grow with time (there are TONS more coating options in the asian market right now, and many are making their way to the US).

Paint coatings are the most durable form of paint protection, and there are several fantastic consumer options out there. Like choosing a wax, you simply have to do some research, find one that you want to try, and give it a shot. There is never going to be one product that everyone can say is the best. I have tried many of the most popular coating options on the market and I can tell you honestly that I have not found a single one that is bad... there are characteristics of some that I like better than others, but none of them have been bad. Just different.

Originally Posted by FSportIS
I forgot to mention the last aspect: Common problem.

Common problem: 22ple has water spots issue while Cquartz UK has streaking application due to more difficult application. Fair enough?
FWIW, CQUK can also have water spotting issues. This is a common problem with any true glass (high silica) coating. This is the reason the manufacturers have developed and recommend using their spray toppers/sealants on top of the coatings. These spray toppers allow you to add additional protection, beading, and slickness through the use of polymers that cannot be mixed into the coating itself.

-Zach