Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Review of Rejex Polymer Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-15, 08:46 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,272 Likes on 984 Posts
Default Review of Rejex Polymer Sealant

I've been using Rejex for 2 years ( just finished my first bottle ) and felt it's been long enough to give a real world review. I'm not attempting to compare it to other products. It's made by the CorrosionX company. Very popular in the private aviation sector for years. Readily available on Amazon for about $15 for 16oz.
It doesn't contain any abrasives, so you must have a nice clean surface. Clay bar and wax free polish, if necessary, first. It's a polymer type sealant that is supposed to bond to your clear coat after curing for 12 hours. As with any wax/sealer, do it in the shade. I live in Florida where it's quite hot 4-5 months. Even though the instructions say to apply under 85 degrees, I've had no issues at higher temps.
I've found it goes on and off very easily. I applied a second coat after curing. Works well on the windows too. I've reapplied single coats every 6 months since the initial double coat and am pleased with it's durability and shine. I go through touchless car washes 2-3 times a month. Pretty harsh soap and it holds up well. I reapply the windshield every 4-6 weeks as I'm fussy about a clean windshield. Slippery finish.
The reasons I like it:
Easy to use
Inexpensive, a little goes a long ways
Great on glass too
Car stays clean longer, slippery finish
Lasts for about 6 months
You can put traditional wax on top for that "classic" waxed look
Works as well or better than similar, more costly products.
Happy detailing

Last edited by swfla; 06-18-15 at 12:43 PM.