Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Opinion Needed: Weird Residue on Bumper/Door Scratch (Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-15, 09:45 AM
LSuxury
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion Needed: Weird Residue on Bumper/Door Scratch (Pictures)

Since getting my new car I have been very careful about parking away from other cars in lots. But unfortunately I got damage in two places and was wondering whether it could be fixed by simple scratch removing or buffing/waxing?

1. I noticed a weird residue on my back bumper. Its a train of black dots starting from my Applique on my LS460 to about middle of the back bumper. I might have been parked under a tree. Anyways the applique has holes in it like the substance burned through it but it didnt hurt the paint. Unfortunately, under the applique there was 8 dark dots (picture attached). I tried removing one and it chipped my whole paint. Any ideas on how to get ther residue off without stripping my paint anymore?

2. I got a pretty big scratch from a car door on my passenger door. (Picture attached). Looks like the paint is still intact but the clearcoat is pretty bad with the white scratches. Will Megs-ScratchX do the job? Or should I get a compelte buff/wax done? Lastly, I read somewhere that the LS model has a self-fixing clear coat ? Is that for all of them or is that an option?

Sorry for the long write up any input is appreciated. Thanks guys.
Attached Thumbnails Opinion Needed: Weird Residue on Bumper/Door Scratch (Pictures)-appliquedamage.jpg   Opinion Needed: Weird Residue on Bumper/Door Scratch (Pictures)-doorscratch.jpg   Opinion Needed: Weird Residue on Bumper/Door Scratch (Pictures)-substance.jpg  
Old 08-11-15, 08:07 AM
LSuxury
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump, any opinions appreciated.