Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Meguiar's

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-03, 09:55 PM
spxChrome
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meguiar's

Does Meguiar's use carnuba wax? I was told to make sure to use carnuba wax only so I use Mother's Gold but I have heard good things about Meguiar's but can't tell if they use carnuba wax? Anybody know or want ot toss a vote for Meguiar's VS Mother's Gold?
Old 04-15-03, 05:34 PM
Deanski
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguiars Products

SpxChrome,

The best meguiars products you would want to use are from the Professional product line. These are usually purchased from auto paint shops.

Their #26 Yellow Wax is a Carnuba wax. They also have a new product called Medallion and does a fantastic job in shine.

In between polish & wax, use #34 Quick Detailer for picking up leftover polish. Their polish, say like #7 Show Car Glaze is a bit on the greasy side and it needs to cure before you put on any wax.

Now if shine is what you are trying to obtain, I can only reccomend Zaino products. More labor intensive at first, but produce the most deepest shine. Look through some of the posts on Zaino, or just check the web for Zaino.

A higher end carnuba if that's what you want, look into Zymol Japon wax made just for Jap cars.

I've used Meguiars Professional for many years and always love the product.

Zaino on the other hand just produces the wettest looking shine. More money, more time, but all woth it!

Good luck

Regards,
Deanski