Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Nanolex Washcoat... Gyeon Wet Coat...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-16, 11:56 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I used 50mL of wash coat and 500mL of distilled water in the foam gun bottle. I used the right amount of washcoat, but too much water. Once it mixed through the foam gun it sprays 50mL of washcoat and about 6,000mL of water on to the car making it 1:120.

With your mix of 50mL of washcoat to 100mL of distilled water, shooting through at a rate of 1:10, it'll be 50mL of washcoat and 1,600mL of water making 1:32 which is a lot more reasonable.

My point was, even with my extremely diluted application washcoat still works amazing.
oh yes... that stuff is better than sliced bread . i used a kitchen measuring cup from wallyworld, so that i could not go under or over the exact ratio...works like a charm. now i need a connection for my foam cannon because i got the Karcher K.5740 pressure washer and the wand is different... ordered a connection from amazon but it did not fit... any suggestions?
Old 02-25-16, 11:28 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
oh yes... that stuff is better than sliced bread . i used a kitchen measuring cup from wallyworld, so that i could not go under or over the exact ratio...works like a charm. now i need a connection for my foam cannon because i got the Karcher K.5740 pressure washer and the wand is different... ordered a connection from amazon but it did not fit... any suggestions?
I use glass vials and pre measure each product to 1-time use portions, so I just grab 1 bottle at a time when I apply it to cars.

Off the top of my head, the only Karcher adapter I know of is sold by autogeek. The Karcher adapter is unique because it is a twist and lock quick disconnect instead of a standard 1/4" quick disconnect that is commonly used with air tools.
Old 02-26-16, 09:05 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I use glass vials and pre measure each product to 1-time use portions, so I just grab 1 bottle at a time when I apply it to cars.

Off the top of my head, the only Karcher adapter I know of is sold by autogeek. The Karcher adapter is unique because it is a twist and lock quick disconnect instead of a standard 1/4" quick disconnect that is commonly used with air tools.
try the measuring cups...i have 3 diff sizes, small, med. and large, comes in a 3 pack. every metric thingamajiggy is on the cups. i use the smallest one. i actually found a connection (thanx Z) at Detailed Image, they have one specifically for the Karcher K.5740 wand...
Old 03-20-16, 09:15 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

I applied wash coat on to my mom's car 5 weeks ago (washed with nanolex pure shampoo then sprayed on nanolex washcoat with no prep work). It has easily been over a year since the last time the car had any type of protection applied. The car is parked outside everyday in the sun. My mom completely neglects the car, so it was the perfect test car.

Today (5 weeks later) I washed the car for the first time since washcoat was applied. The car was surprisingly clean for being parked outside for 5 weeks. I would compare it to my SC being parked in the garage for 5 weeks and only being driven for 100 miles during that time. I used gyeon bathe+ to wash the car. The results aren't bad for a neglected car. Washcoat has earned a permanent spot in my detailing cabinet.

Old 01-10-21, 12:40 AM
harimvk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nanolex Washcoat is back in stock.