Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Wheel Cleaner Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-03, 08:31 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Cleaner Advice

Hi guys,

Just got a brand new set of Graphite High Polish Work Termist TM1 Wheels. Was wondering what you guys would suggest using to keep them sparkling clean...? Thanks in advance.

-Anthony
Old 04-22-03, 02:03 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly, new wheels like that - I'd just apply a polymer for protection then use car shampoo and water to keep them clean, nothing harsher. If you tend to them regularly, they'll never get dirty or dull enough to require something strong. Whatever you do, avoid spray on acid based wheel cleaners.

If they require polishing to keep up the shine, something like NevrDull or this;

http://concourswest.com/Polish/products.html

I wouldn't personally use a natural wax on wheels, the heat from braking and friction would melt it too fast. A polymer however can withstand ~400 degrees. Cheers.
Old 04-29-03, 08:20 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Guitarman
Honestly, new wheels like that - I'd just apply a polymer for protection then use car shampoo and water to keep them clean, nothing harsher.
Ditto. Makes cleaning easier too; dirt don't stick. I've applied Meguiars to sets of wheels for protection.
Old 04-29-03, 10:53 PM
rockhard
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I use Amazing Roll-off. Nothing cleans like this product. It requires the use of a brush as it contains no acid or damaging chemicals for your wheels, so that means you will have to scrub a very little, but the results are fantastic!

Also, to keep your wheel protected and polished, try Wheel Wax. Nice pleasing smell too!

Hope this helps.

Rock Hard