Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Dash Board

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-03, 04:43 PM
spxChrome
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Dash Board

What do you guys use to clean your dashboard and side panels? I have tried leather cleaner but leaves sticky residue that collects dust easily. I have tried amoral but that leaves it to shiny and has a bad reflection.

Last edited by spxChrome; 04-25-03 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-26-03, 07:48 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

303 Aerospace protectant. It contains UV40 and leaves a satin (not shiny) finish. It has some mild cleaning agents in it, but if you want to apply it after you've used other protectants like Armor-All, clean the dash with (a little ) Dawn dish detergent and water mix. That will strip most of the old protectant off and clean the dash of heavier dirt too.

303 isn't cheap $$$, but it's one of the very few that have UV40, and is an alternative to Lexol Vinylex (also very good, though Vinylex supposedly has less UV40) which leaves a shinier appearance for those that prefer that look.

Cheers.
Old 05-13-03, 04:25 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Dash Board

Hi all,

Thanks for the tips. I have been usually just using a damn cotton towel to wipe the dust off etc. I'm trying not to use any product that would produce a "sheen" because I want to keep a stock look and I am still enjoying the "new car smell" that's STILL in there!

I think I would give the 303 Aerospace a try, it sounds like a winner!

~ Thought we'd have more response in the forum on this topic, though...

Regards,

Sheldon
Old 05-15-03, 03:29 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok All

I was at the Barrett Jackson Car auction some weeks ago and Meguires had a HUGE booth there. I picked a very smart technitions brain for a good hour. Over all his reccomendation if you just want the stock factory look (No Shine) just use you standard car wash soap on the plastic parts like the dask and door trim. If you use the cleaning wipes you MUST use some protector afterward because it will dry out you plastic.

I have been doing this for years and always had good results it was nice to confirm what I thought was right.

One Caution. When I had my 91 LS400 I used my standed car was soap (Meguires car wash gell) on the interior plastics. All came out as usual with no problem and great results EXCEPT the Black seat memory buttons. They started to turn white in color and loose their deep black. I stopped there and did not go over the window switches or any other black bottons. SO for those I just used a wet ragg with water only.

Jerry