Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Best detailer in the San Diego, CA area??

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-16, 09:05 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I prefer the Wash & Shine... ONR is also perfect for removing light dust as you mention. Wiping with a wet towel to remove dirt/dust is safer than a dry towel with a little quick detailer. The safest thing is to just ignore dust in between washes
Old 10-28-16, 11:33 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jincuteguy
Also can I use the McQuire Quick Detail spray to clean any small dirty area? For example, let say I washed my car yesterday, and then today there's some dust on top of the hood, can I use the Mcquire Quick Detailing spray to get rid of it?
Or what would be the best way for this? Like I just wanna clean the car really quick even though it's not really that dirty.
ONR is flexible. There is a different dilution ratio (instruction on the bottle) to make quick detailing solution. This is what I mainly use ONR for.
Old 10-28-16, 11:51 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just got my new IS200T Ultra White / Roja red coated with CQuartz Finest by Nolan today. Have to wait at least a week to wash it to see how good it is. Nolan is the guy with knowledge and do good work according to you guys right?
Yup! Post pictures, I'm curious how cquartz looks on white. I'm sure it doesn't have that superglossy look on darker cars!

I use Opti-clean (water-less) occasionally on a lightly dusted car. It has more lubricants than the ONR.
Old 10-28-16, 11:53 AM
jincuteguy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSteg
ONR is flexible. There is a different dilution ratio (instruction on the bottle) to make quick detailing solution. This is what I mainly use ONR for.
Yea I'm planning to use ONR to wash the wheels as well. Do you think it's a good idea? or should I need a more stronger solution to get rid of the dust on the wheels?
Old 10-28-16, 11:57 AM
jincuteguy
Driver

Originally Posted by Jbreezie
Yup! Post pictures, I'm curious how cquartz looks on white. I'm sure it doesn't have that superglossy look on darker cars!

I use Opti-clean (water-less) occasionally on a lightly dusted car. It has more lubricants than the ONR.
I took a couple pictures with my cell phone, so I don't know how shiny it will look. Also it's a white color too so prob won't see that much shine / reflection.

Old 10-28-16, 12:50 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Did he coat your wheels too? Helps a lot with break dust. If not, look into carpro Hydro 2 or sonax wheel shield. Zmcgovern did a review recently!
Old 10-28-16, 01:43 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Did he coat your wheels too? Helps a lot with break dust. If not, look into carpro Hydro 2 or sonax wheel shield. Zmcgovern did a review recently!
No didn't coat the wheels. I'm going back to him in 2 weeks to coat the wheels with CQuartz Finest. Are the Carpro Hydro 2 or Sonax wheel shield better than CQFinest for wheels?
Old 10-28-16, 02:34 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Are the Carpro Hydro 2 or Sonax wheel shield better than CQFinest for wheels?
No, they are not better than a true coating, but they are very easy to use and you could simply DIY.

CarPro HydrO2: Seal Your Wheels in Less than 1 Minute by Zach McGovern
Product Review: Sonax Wheel Rim Shield by Zach McGovern
Old 10-28-16, 02:54 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
No, they are not better than a true coating, but they are very easy to use and you could simply DIY.

CarPro HydrO2: Seal Your Wheels in Less than 1 Minute by Zach McGovern
Product Review: Sonax Wheel Rim Shield by Zach McGovern

You mean not better as in don't last longer than CQuartz Finest? But it works the same as Finest ? or?
Old 10-28-16, 02:56 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Cquartz or Dlux? My wheels are coated with opticoat, washes brake dust off pretty easy! Coating is the way to go if money is not an object.

No didn't coat the wheels. I'm going back to him in 2 weeks to coat the wheels with CQuartz Finest. Are the Carpro Hydro 2 or Sonax wheel shield better than CQFinest for wheels?
Old 10-28-16, 02:57 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Coating won't wash off! Hydro2 lasts 1-3 months I believe.

You mean not better as in don't last longer than CQuartz Finest? But it works the same as Finest ? or?
Old 10-28-16, 03:41 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Coating won't wash off! Hydro2 lasts 1-3 months I believe.
How much did you get all 4 wheels coated with OptiCoat? And are the wheels coated completely or just the faces of the wheels?
Old 10-28-16, 08:03 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

How much did you get all 4 wheels coated with OptiCoat? And are the wheels coated completely or just the faces of the wheels?

I did everything at once. Pretty sure it's just the faces.
Old 10-29-16, 10:26 AM
jincuteguy
Driver

I did everything at once. Pretty sure it's just the faces.
So how much was it to do Opti Coat + wheels?
Old 10-29-16, 01:29 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

It is like comparing apples to oranges here... HydrO2 & Sonax Wheel Rim Shield are spray on sealants that provide temporary protection from the elements. CQuartz Finest is a SiO2 Nano Coating that provides a thicker, more durable, and more chemical resistant barrier.

The benefit to the sealants are their ease of use... the benefit to a nano coating is it's durability and increased protection.

To be honest, I use both on my wheels. I apply a coating as a base layer of protection and I will top it with one of the spray on sealants once or twice throughout the year for maximum protection.

Quick Reply: Best detailer in the San Diego, CA area??