Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Car cover questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-03, 02:04 AM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car cover questions

Hi,
I'm thinking about buying Lexus orignal car cover for my gs300 and have some questions.

Can I only use the cover when the car has been washed? Or can it be fairly clean but driven?

How tight is the cover. Can it be used with UGO roof spoiler?

/Fredric
Old 05-27-03, 07:09 PM
ron36330
Pole Position

Default fboukari

I do not have a Lexus car cover, but I can relate my own experience. I had a 300ZX car cover and found it stiff and when putting on and taking off would scratch the paint. Scratches would also occur if the car was even lightly dirty. I keep my car in my garage and cover it with bed sheets. They are cheaper and allow the paint to breath when covered and don't scratch the paint when putting on and off.
I don't know if this will help, but that has been my experience with car coverws.
Ron
Old 05-27-03, 11:22 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Default Re: fboukari

Originally posted by ron36330
I do not have a Lexus car cover, but I can relate my own experience. I had a 300ZX car cover and found it stiff and when putting on and taking off would scratch the paint. Scratches would also occur if the car was even lightly dirty. I keep my car in my garage and cover it with bed sheets. They are cheaper and allow the paint to breath when covered and don't scratch the paint when putting on and off.
I don't know if this will help, but that has been my experience with car coverws.
Ron
Thank you for your answer. I was suspecting that this was the case
/Fredric