Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Best wax I have ever used (long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-03, 04:37 PM
twenty1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks
Old 07-10-03, 11:24 AM
Sanjman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RON... are you on some aderol or something???? Geez... I'd have carpel tunnel by now if I wrote as much as you do!!!!

But good work!!!
Old 07-15-03, 07:58 AM
Tiger740
Driver School Candidate

Hi, Ron,

Could you please explain how you apply the P21S? Do you paste the wax onto the car, and wait till it hazes, and wipe it off?

Do you apply it by one section at a time?

What did you mean when you said "applying the second coat"? Does that mean that you repeat the whole process after you wipe off the wax??

I am sorry for all the questions, but I want to do this correctly.

Thanks for your time.
Old 07-15-03, 12:10 PM
LexusBiz
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Ron,

I noticed you mentioned using Griot's garage products for prep work. Have you ever tried their waxes and polishes. I was debating trying them out. I have used Zaino on my Vette with good results, but may have to give P21s a shot on my Lexus.

Thanks for the info.

LexusBiz
Old 07-17-03, 10:22 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

LexusBiz - At one time or another I have used quite a bit of the Griot's products. I still find their machine polishes the polish of choice for use with the Porter Cable polisher. I have also gotten to like their window cleaner a lot (another topic but I have found cleaners that clean a lot better but they seem to "schmutz" up a lot quicker than if I use the Griot cleaner).

I have used their wax and would give it an OK but nothing all that special. The P21s (and S100) are far better IMO. Only thing to possibly keep in mind is that the P21s is a white/clear product and the Griot is pink if I remember correctly. You don't really get the color of the wax after you apply it but I have found over the years that the color of the wax does give a very slight hue and sometimes you can play with that to give you a little better result. Overall, if you have it, use it. But if you are ordering new, I would go for the P21s, better in every way.