Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Meg's Wash and Wax

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-17, 06:42 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Of course it's diluting it, but again, the intention isn't to maximize protection... it is to add some lubrication and work as a frying aid. A little protection and gloss are just additional benefits

For drying, I am in love with the Griot's Garage PFM Drying Towel. Hands down the best drying towels I've ever used. I stopped using waffle weave drying towels as soon as I tried to PFM towels.
Zach, I see that Griot's garage sells those towels for 38 bucks but, Taro Racing sells them for 28 bucks. Have you ever ordered from Taro Racing before. I wonder how they can be that cheap there.
Old 06-14-17, 02:23 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
Zach, I see that Griot's garage sells those towels for 38 bucks but, Taro Racing sells them for 28 bucks. Have you ever ordered from Taro Racing before. I wonder how they can be that cheap there.
Maybe it was a typo, and you should order it to see if they'll honor the price.
Old 06-14-17, 02:49 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I have not heard of Taro Racing before. Are they selling Griot's Garage branded towels? or are they a 3rd party copy?

Detailed Image sells their own re-branded terry weave drying towel for much cheaper than the Griot's, but it is NOT the same as the Griot's. It is just a one sided towel, where the Griot's is a two sided towel.
Old 06-16-17, 04:50 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

I have not heard of Taro Racing before. Are they selling Griot's Garage branded towels? or are they a 3rd party copy?

Detailed Image sells their own re-branded terry weave drying towel for much cheaper than the Griot's, but it is NOT the same as the Griot's. It is just a one sided towel, where the Griot's is a two sided towel.
This morning I see that they just changed the price to 38 bucks but mine has been shipped and I paid 28 bucks for it. Maybe I just got lucky. It says it's the Griots Garage brand. I just gotta wait and see now.
Amazon Amazon
Old 06-16-17, 04:53 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

I've been using the Megs Wash and wax in my foam cannon and it has alot of foam and it works great. Should I change to the Honeydew foam or keep using the Wash and wax. Any pro's or Cons? Thanks.
Old 06-16-17, 11:21 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Use whatever you like using... if W&W fits your needs, keep using it.

A saying that I like to quote regarding detailing products is "find something you like and use it often". You can drive yourself crazy experimenting with tons of other products, but if you already have something that does everything you need a shampoo to do, there isn't much point in changing
The following users liked this post:
fwhomeboy (06-16-17)
Old 06-16-17, 11:31 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

The reason I asked is I'm almost out of the W&W and I never used anything else. I've only had my car for 4 months and I'm really a newbie at this soft paint THANG. I've always had REAL Cars, "CHEVYS" !!!
I replied to Zach's post because Zach has fooled everybody, including me, into thinking that he's pretty smart about this PAINT CORRECTION THANG Props to you Sir.
Anyway......... Thanks Zach !!!!
Old 06-16-17, 12:29 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Use whatever you like using... if W&W fits your needs, keep using it.

A saying that I like to quote regarding detailing products is "find something you like and use it often". You can drive yourself crazy experimenting with tons of other products, but if you already have something that does everything you need a shampoo to do, there isn't much point in changing
My car looks so good I'll bet it's the best looking Mercury Metallic Lexus in the Country. I've yet to see a swirl in it. It's Perfect. I guess I'll do like you said and keep using whats working. I don't want to slip to second place for having the best looking paint out there. Thanks to this forum for keeping me in first place this long.
Old 06-16-17, 12:51 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

This morning I see that they just changed the price to 38 bucks but mine has been shipped and I paid 28 bucks for it. Maybe I just got lucky. It says it's the Griots Garage brand. I just gotta wait and see now.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/summar...898832-8112234
I think that is my fault. I ordered a decent quantity of the towels, and they changed the price about an hour later. lol

You can drive yourself crazy experimenting with tons of other products
I've suffered from this off and on for the last 10 years. The problem is that detailing technology is constantly improving.

Even though I no longer use it, my favorite car soap will always be Pinnacle bodywork shampoo. It's slick and smells like coconuts.

I switched to Carpro Reset for my coated cars.
Old 06-16-17, 02:21 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 447 Likes on 369 Posts

I used to use the Wash and Wax since I got it pretty cheap at Walmart one day. It seemed to work pretty good for the price. I can't comment on how well the wax part works since I've always used a dedicated wax or sealant.

I've switched to using various Chemical Guys shampoos such as Mr. Pink, Maxi Suds II, and Citrus Wash & Gloss. I typically buy them from Amazon by the gallon.