Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

eagle one, "as-u-dry"

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-03, 02:53 PM
azari
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default eagle one, "as-u-dry"

hey guys,

I just saw this commercial about this Eagle One product called "as-u-dry." Basically, u wash your car, then spray this liquid wax and dry with a towel, and presumably, you will have a coat of wax on your car! The nice thing about it is that it's a very quick and easy way of waxing your car; The bad thing is that it's a new product and (maybe I'm getting too fastidious here) it could do harm to the paint or something like that?? Has anyone ever used this product? and if yes, how is it? do u recommend it? Also, do you think I should buy it and use it (it's only $4.99), or should I go with the conventional and somwhat solid wax (turtle and etc) which requires lots of rubbing and work? What do you think?

appreciate it... just don't want to do any damage to the finish of the car with some new product...
Old 06-25-03, 02:56 PM
azari
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "as-u-dry"

hey guys,

I just saw this commercial about this Eagle One product called "as-u-dry." Basically, u wash your car, then spray this liquid wax and dry with a towel, and presumably, you will have a coat of wax on your car! The nice thing about it is that it's a very quick and easy way of waxing your car; The bad thing is that it's a new product and (maybe I'm getting too fastidious here) it could do harm to the paint or something like that?? Has anyone ever used this product? and if yes, how is it? do u recommend it? Also, do you think I should buy it and use it (it's only $4.99), or should I go with the conventional and somwhat solid wax (turtle and etc) which requires lots of rubbing and work? What do you think?

appreciate it... just don't want to do any damage to the finish of the car with some new product...
Old 06-25-03, 03:20 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I merged your threads
Old 06-26-03, 04:34 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hmmmmmm............sounds "too good to be true"...............the cynic says "it IS too good to be true". Doubt that it'll harm the paint, but can't imagine that it looks/protects/lasts like Zaino/Pinnacle/Meguiars/etc.

should I go with the conventional and somwhat solid wax (turtle and etc) which requires lots of rubbing and work?
It is possible to use products that require a great deal of work, but many of the showcar quality waxes you'll find talked about here and reviewed here do not. But then, they aren't $4.99, either.

What do you think?
I think you get what you pay for. I'd be willing to bet that the general sentiment here will be to get one of the products mentioned above (not an all inclusive list, btw), use it properly, and enjoy the resultant deep liquid glow!!

Last edited by mooretorque; 06-26-03 at 04:35 AM.
Old 06-26-03, 09:31 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Default it's not too bad

Wax as u dry isn't a bad product. I use it on my car to maintain a decent coat of wax on the paint at all times. Bear in mind that this product is no substitute for going after your paint with a clay bar once or twice a year and putting a nice coat of real wax on it. This wax as u dry stuff is intended to get you through to your next complete detail and it does the job pretty well.