Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Hydrosilex & Carpro Hydro2

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-18, 07:18 AM
mak89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hydrosilex & Carpro Hydro2

Anyone have experience using both products and would recommend one over the other?

This would be used on post-coated applications.
Old 04-18-18, 08:14 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I have not used Hydrosilex, so I will not comment on that, but I will share my thoughts on a spray on rinse off sealant on top of coated vehicles...

I personally do not like to use HydrO2 on top of a coated car. HydrO2 (and similar products) rely on a wetted surface to work properly. A freshly coated vehicle generally repels the vast majority of water from the surface and therefore you are spraying HydrO2 onto mostly dry paint. In my experiences this has led to a higher chance of streaking/staining when using the product compared to using it on uncoated cars that do not have high surface tension to begin with. I prefer to use spray on wipe off products like CarPro Reload or Gyeon Cure to maintain coatings.

Now, if your coating is aged and the hydrophobic properties have diminished and you are using HydrO2 to restore higher surface tension, then fire away!